Thomas Turner

Trade Member
Reaction score
231138-0419.jpg

Gear ratio: 4.9:1
Max drag: 8lb
4 ball bearings
Reel weight: 360g / 12.7oz
Spool marked with capacity for 10lb (0.30mm) – 270m (300yds)
12lb (0.32mm) – 240m (260yds)
Brand new unused in box with spare spool, spare washers and instruction manual.
Condition: A

(Tag: FM)
The post Daiwa Theory 4000 Spinning Reel – new in box + spare spool appeared first on Thomas Turner Fishing Antiques.

Buy Here...

B

binka

I've just been browsing the Thomas Turner site and I find it very interesting, I just wish I had the money to splash out as I could quite easily fill a barn!

I'm wondering if I've bagged a bargain here though, I bought the same 11" Salter brass spring balance in the 7lb version in great nick and I paid around seven quid for it, certainly a long way off the £90 asking price for the 22lb version...

Salter Brass Spring Balance 0 to 22lb/10kilos

I also have the 22lb version and they're in really fine fettle, but these have the House of Hardy branding stamped on them.

I would be interested to know what they might fetch...

image ru

Not that I'm selling! :cool:

Kirsty Hewitt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is in good condition isn't it - lovely! The larger annual tackle auctions tend to set the pricing levels for the antique and vintage tackle market. Spring balances are a bit of a niche area but there will be collectors out there on the hunt for rare or pristine examples. I think at £7 you did pick up a bit of a bargain but as to what it may be worth - you'll never know until you try and sell it! ;-)