Fishing Magic Events Next Year

S

Sean Meeghan

I've just had a thought on how we can continue to organise our get togethers if the site does close. We need one volunteer for each event - post your name below. If everyone who who might want to attend then PMs that person with a contact email addy (don't post it on the thread) then the organiser can email everyone with details nearer the time of the do.

Does this sound like a goer?

Obviously if the site does survive or we find another long suffering site to squatt on /forum/smilies/sick_smiley.gifwe can arrange things differently.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Wol will always be ok to do the BBQs, just let me know when and where and i'll have it flame grilled just how ya like it. /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Reaction score
Anything cohesive sounds good at the mo Sean.

Put me down for a Lower Severn Fish-In organiser. My 'pm me' function is enabled.

Wol, I still have your JRC Stealth, so you'll have to come along!

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
look i was saving this as a emergancy back up ,but i have a site all ready built ,even if its just used too keep track of things untill a definate solution is found your welcome to use it .even if its just to post details etc .

it has full Pm service etc ,hell i could even add a live chat room if needed

http://fishingmagic.yuku.com/

it's there if you want to use it ,you'll find it somewhat familier in layout

Jeff Spiller

Reaction score
Chav are you one of them there puter expert's ?

It does look a bit familier, can't quite place it though/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif.

Jeff Spiller

Reaction score
Chav joking aside, this site of your is it capable of dealing will all of us ?

I would have thought that there are copy write on the name, perhaps FishingMagic2.com.

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
well its capable yes ,i have others on there like my http://anglerstalk.yuku.com/that has 152 registed user's and 130 odd are active (actually made a post) ,its not quite as formal as FM but its good ,theres no actual limit on member numbers we pay for a set number of pageviews (so if a section aint active your not paying for it just the active pages) of add free status (google content linked adds ,that you pay $56 [£25/6] you get roughly enough to be add free for a year which aint bad at all and thats all you pay

the accounts ,have a image storage space per member and if you have photobucket you can link direct too it and add the photobucket pictures directly into the posts from the editor [without opening up photobucket to get the links] you can add video's directly into your posts as well ,pluss a rather well equiped post editor [loads of buttons

you can have custom post icons and custom smillies

members also get a facebook/myspace type page mine: http://chavender.u.yuku.com/

its all very smart

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Happy to do Clattercote given I have organised for the food for the last couple of years.Ill post a thread tomorrow once I have spoken to the Bailiff about dates.

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
I'll hold back for now. (forth coming Sywell events)

I'm happy to organise the fish-ins, but I'm going to await developments for now. I can't believe the 'comunity' of FM will disapear for good. Should FM as we know it die a death, then I fully expect somthing to take its place and more or less the same 'comunity' tore-apear!

For me that would be the time to start organising the fish-ins again. The ideaof arrangeing 30 people to get together for one weekend is (logisticly) difficult enough on an open forum, let alone trying to do it via private e-mails..........

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
"We" are also gathering on facebook, this aint the end of the world.

Our friendships will continue, so what if the fish-ins are held under another name?

It's about the friendships we've made and the ones we are gonna make in the future.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Sean Meeghan wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I've just had a thought on how we can continue to organise our get togethers if the site does close. We need one volunteer for each event - post your name below. If everyone who who might want to attend then PMs that person with a contact email addy (don't post it on the thread) then the organiser can email everyone with details nearer the time of the do.

Does this sound like a goer?

Obviously if the site does survive or we find another long suffering site to squatt on /forum/smilies/sick_smiley.gifwe can arrange things differently.</blockquote>
Sean, Ive already started one for the Catfish fish in. Anyone wish to PM me and Ill add you to the list.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

We normally hold the trout fishing day at Press Manor Fishery - Derbyshire on the second Saturday in May.

I will be still in Australia then. I can contact Bernie Maher of course but someone is going to have to forego the competition and do the counting of fish caught.

But let me make a suggestion.

On this occasion skip the competition and make it a day when newcomers to fly fishing can learn lots about the sport and receieve a bit of casting tuition.

The trophy will go to the most improved participant.

This will make a nice change as in the past the winner would be confined to the ranks of the experienced fly fishers.