Bites,the insect kind...

Reaction score
I went yesterday and upon arriving at my chosen spot,there was around six inches of nettles covering the ground(obviously nobody had fished there for a few weeks or more),I cleared it with an old bankstick and fished the day,when I got home I itched in places I shouldn't,all the way up my legs,around my harris and testicles,whatever they were they'd marched up my trouser legs and had a nibble,sodding thing's.

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I went yesterday and upon arriving at my chosen spot,there was around six inches of nettles covering the ground(obviously nobody had fished there for a few weeks of more),I cleared it with an old bankstick and fished the day when I got home I its bed in places I shouldn't,all the way up my legs,around my harris and testicles,whatever they were they'd marched up my trouser legs and had a nibble,sodding thing's.

Poor ants, they'll be dead for sure!

Reaction score
Bloody hope so,got about 30 bites...

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Its recommended for Lyme's disease which is caused by ticks to tuck your trousers in your socks, could work for ants as well but I think you had something else having a go.

Lavender oil is supposed to deter insects but I don't know about ants, also supposed to be good for treating bites. Rub some on your ankles, might help but don't go wandering into any gay pubs by mistake, you might not come out alive. Midges and gnats I light a fag and blow smoke at them but not recommended if you don't smoke, you might end up hooked.

Last edited:

Reaction score
I have a mild allergy to insect bites,so I've been itching like fook ever since, I'd tucked my trousers into my socks after a couple of hours,thing is the bu**ers had already had their nibbles then.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
"Anthisan" anti-histamine cream or spray; fresh Aloe vera gel (buy an Aloe plant, cut a bit off a leaf, squeeze out the gel like a toothpaste tube); soda solution might help if the little bug***s have given you the formic acid treatment.

And if one of the proprietary antihistamines works for you, take that, too.
They're a bit "different strokes for different folks", though; the commonest, Cetirzine (?) does nothing for my hay-fever, but Loratidine has given me back the summertime.

Last edited:

john step

Reaction score
Try rubbing a dock leaf on the bite or sting. It works better than the stuff you buy. The beauty of it is that dock almost always grows in the same location as stinging nettles.

Reaction score
Definitely insect bites John.on the subject of dockleaf,we don't see them like we used to,times I've got nettle rash and looked for hundreds of yards without a trace...

Reaction score
Flicking hell,I think I'm going to take a saw to it...

bullet

Reaction score
If it's red ants, they'll be itching for days, mate.
Could try an afterbite brand ammonia stick, available in tescos and other retailers, lot of people swear by them.

Philip

Reaction score
,all the way up my legs,around my harris and testicles,

Try rubbing a dock leaf on the bite or sting. It works better than the stuff you buy. The beauty of it is that dock almost always grows in the same location as stinging nettles.

Sounds like a recipie for getting locked up for indecent exposure .....hey whats that guy by the river doing with that leaf ?!?

I jest, antihistimines are supposed to help for allot of people. Witch Hazel helps too.

Last edited:

Reaction score
If I get mossies I always spray up,but these beggars I didn't even notice,when I've been bitten by ants before I'm sure it nipped a bit,getting even thicker skinned in my old age.