For your wife

mikench

Reaction score
Mine will do the same i reckon! She may feel i do need a rod to put in the empty black tubes that are suspended across the ceiling in the garage!!!:rolleyes:

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Mine is treating me to the new Preston Innovations Inception seatbox at Christmas, She bought me a new keepnet yesterday and some new pole rigs, As for rods she says I have enough.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Mine wouldn't know one end of a rod from the other so thankfully she wouldn't go buy me one!

All the encouragement in the world though if I fancy something new. I'm the one who 'sits on my hands' around such things to the point she will say "For goodness sake, go buy it" and invariably I do.....

It's nothing for me to take a month to buy - ANYTHING!!

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Mine wouldn't know one end of a rod from the other so thankfully she wouldn't go buy me one!

All the encouragement in the world though if I fancy something new. I'm the one who 'sits on my hands' around such things to the point she will say "For goodness sake, go buy it" and invariably I do.....

It's nothing for me to take a month to buy - ANYTHING!!

Same here Tony, that's why she bought me the new net when we were out yesterday, I had spent the last 3 weeks going through catalogues looking at various ones. She told me to sell a couple of my seatboxes before I get the new preston one, I mentioned I would not get much for 25+ year old Boss box and ASi box, They are my nostalgia boxes.

Last edited:

carpinbob

Reaction score
Mine said you want a new rod then go out and buy it yourself then.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
None of my wives ever really understood fishing; why we do it, or what it costs.

While I was married I lived in fear that following my demise one of them might sell my rodsand reels for what I had told her I’d paid for them . . . . . ewwww, I stillshudder at the thought.

My Norwegian wife could never come to terms with putting the catch back at the end of theday as virtually all Norwegians fish for the pot.