Rod bag

mikench

Reaction score
The bag supplied usually varies from the sublime(Hardy) to the ridiculously poor(Darent Valley and most in between! I have just bought another bag from Ellen Lawrence of Daventry! They are made to measure in quality material and I cannot rate them more highly at £8 posted! This bag was for for a 12' Matchpro Ultralight which didn't have one!! Anyone who needs her details can pm me!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A number of years ago I bought a rod bag off someone on ebay, I had to give them the measurments as they made it up for me. Anyhow the bag was made a little on the snug side for the rod but I do keep the rod in it. The maker should have made the partitions a little bigger than the measurements I gave him/her. The material and workmanship was superb though and I belive it was Helen who I dealt with. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another from her in future if I wanted one, no doubt I will want some in future :).

Philip

Reaction score
to the ridiculously poor(Darent Valley

I would concur that the Darent valley bags are incredibly bad. Your rod would be more protected wrapped it in a sheet of kitchen towell.

The rods themselves are pretty good however.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
The bag supplied usually varies from the sublime(Hardy) to the ridiculously poor(Darent Valley and most in between! I have just bought another bag from Ellen Lawrence of Daventry! They are made to measure in quality material and I cannot rate them more highly at £8 posted! This bag was for for a 12' Matchpro Ultralight which didn't have one!! Anyone who needs her details can pm me!

PM sent ...