New Preston Innovations seat box

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Yesterday I got the new Preston Innovations Inception seatbox at the promo price of £299. It is very similar in style to the Absolute Compact, but weighs a lot less at 11kg, It has the new mag-loc system of catches which are superior to the slide type catches on the Absolute. The box is an H frame style box meaning you can adjust the height you sit at by moving the box up and down on the legs while the footplate stays at the same height, namely close to the ground, This can be adjusted independently from the box.The main layout of the box consists of a pole seat, deep side drawer unit and a 100mm deep base which in my case has a couple of reels, box of feeders and spare cattys,folder for various hooks, it also has a couple of tubs of bandum style pellets in it. In the drawer unit I have a long PI hooklength box,stotz and shot, disgorgers, a few pole rigs ( only 8) which will cover most situations instead of the 40+ I usually take, a few spools of hooklength line, The 2 front legs are telescopic. the footplate is a cassette type meaning it slides under the frame of the box.and not fold up in front of it. It is also removable if required. I tried the box out today and I found it to be solid and stable as the Absolute Compact I had. Someone said it may have have benefitted from all the legs being telescopic, For the venues I fish that is not a problem. most have level platforms, A minor niggle is that it does not come with shuttle adaptors for the PI shuttle like the compact did, And at the time I bought my compact it wasn't much more than what I paid for this, due to buying it when PI were bringing the newer model out. The adaptors have to be purchased separately.All in all a good well made box.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Thanks Mike, I phoned PI today bout the shuttle adaptors for the Inception box, they will be a couple of weeks before they arrive. apparently the Absolute Compact box adaptors wont fit. I am seeing Collin on Friday and I will check, he still has his Compact box, I mentioned to the sales guy at PI about launching a new box when it wont fit on the PI space shuttle without adaptors that wont be arriving for a couple of weeks. Got a non committal answer.