What tackle item do you lose most of?

Redeemed

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For me it is feeders. The good folks at Preston and Guru are announcing bumper dividends on shares due to the sheer amount I purchase.
Sometimes they get snapped off by a lump but mainly they hang in a tree taunting me.
Swines.

Reaction score
Hooks and I rarely lose them,thankfully...;)

stillwater blue

Reaction score
The last few months it's been jig heads but then it's inevitable when bouncing them across the river bed that some will get stuck fast.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I seem to lose my marbles mostly.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Same as Sam with the shot!
I don't really use olivettes but i'm sure if I did i'd be loosing them in the rocks when trotting. I do have shot come off now and again especially when really giving a fish some stick and the line must shrink as it stretches allowing the odd one to fall off occasionally.
The other thing I loose is floats. Since most of my fishing is trotting I suppose the loss of floats and shot is unavoidable.

This reminds me I need some more shot.

john step

Reaction score
Beads. They seem to slip from my awkward fingers into the grass. Also scissors. Why oh why do some makers use green plastic handles and not gaudy bright ones...Oh yes I know..to make you lose them and buy more.

Philip

Reaction score
All the small stuff..shot..hooks..beads..anything thats basically small & fiddly.

Last big thing I lost was a net...left in on the ground next to the car in the dark as I was packing up and and drove off without it.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Mainly small shot, What does concern me is when you see feeders and sometimes floats in trees or foliage on an island, The angler must have pulled for a break, and depending where the line breaks there will be at least enough line to entangle birds,
also the hook will more than likely be baited, another hazard for wildlife, I have seen this on various waters, If you are going to cast to island with trees on them, have a few casts short, and pull line off the spool and keep casting until you are close enough without landing on it, Then clip up, Don't chuck it and chance it,or if not confident don't do it, As for getting stuck in trees above you, the mind boggles. Either try a side cast or change swims if not confident, I have seen waters closed to anglers due to the amount of tackle left in trees and on islands, this has been a major contributor along with litter.

Last edited:

dann

Reaction score
Lures, especially on the river. I can tell when it is going to happen too, I spot a sunken tree, cast near it...no, needs to be closer, careful not to get too close...no, still a bit far away lets get a bit closer...b&*^$ too close!

bracket

Reaction score
With me it's plummets and disgorgers. When river fishing I use a bait apron and at the end of the of a session I empty the residue of any dregs of bait into the river as a libation to the fish, a thank you for their cooperation. Inevitable I forget to remove the said items from their pockets in the apron. Do it with monotonous regularity. Pete.

Keith M

Reaction score
Floats.

I buy my floats six to ten at a time and I either end up breaking them or losing them fairly regularly.

Keith

B

binka

Disgorgers!

I don't know where they go, or why I lose so many, but I just do.

It's surprising how much distance you start putting between mainline and hooklink strengths when you start making your own floats and I can't remember when I last lost one, certainly over a couple of years ago now and it wasn't exactly an uncommon occurrence prior to that.

The Runner

Reaction score
Nowadays its lures. Rocky ground and kelp.
Prior to that, pole winders. Always reckoned that no matter how many I set up I would always find one fewer empty winder at the end of the match. And if I did eventually locate it, would be because I stood on it.

bullet

Reaction score
Disgorgers and shot.

The disgorgers I like are made of plastic and very helpfully sink like a stone !?

Shot always amazes me, sometimes I see where it lands, and even with large shot I can't bloody find it!