I've been biting my tongue

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
There are now so many different posts relating to the possibility of FM closing that it’s a wonder that it doesn’t have it own category on the Forum.

I’ve been lurking away in the background, trying to keep up with it all, fingers poised over the keyboard, itching to say something and I feel that now the time has come.This really is a ‘wakeup and smell the coffee’ scenario, and the sooner people get that into their heads, the better it will be for all of us. For those of you who still have their heads stuck firmly in the clouds, it is bitter pill time.

FM as was, finished the day Graham retired. He always had my utmost respect, but let’s be quite clear that Graham was the glue that held it all together, and without his guidance and leadership, it would, and did, start to unravel, and that really should come as no surprise to anyone.

Whatever the outcome in the next few days or weeks, nothing will return FM to the way it was. Whether the result is a buy out, take over, relocation, migration, or any other scenario, The FM of old will not rise like a phoenix from the ashes, if it continues at all, it will have to take on a new form. And you, dear members, will have to learn to accept that new form, or go elsewhere for your online angling.

As to others who are offering alternatives, don’t be so quick to refuse offers of a new home. If NewFishingMagic.com (or whatever) doesn’t get off the ground, you must also expect that the current FM membership won’t transfer en masse to one site. There will be people who chose to ally themselves to other sites simply because of the current confusion, and they shouldn’t be branded as ship-jumpers or traitors for doing so.

There is no reason to suspect that they won’t come back to the new version, any more than there is a compulsion for them to come back. The only thing certain about the future is that it will change, and the sooner we all realise and accept that, the better, and easier the situation will become.

W

Wolfman Woody

Change is necessary. It is a requirement of life and of evolution, a natural order.

Beecy

Reaction score
Kev your spot on, eveyones afraid of change...

thats why my socks and pants smell so bad

W

Wolfman Woody

You've not fished next to him, Roto.

/forum/smilies/sick_smiley.gif

Beecy

Reaction score
thats the problem with everyone though, FM is like a good old pair of comfy pants, and no one wants to break in a new pair

Beecy

Reaction score
funny you should say that Roto, cos thats where my pants are from...

genuine fake Armani's

MJ

Reaction score
Good post Kevin.

From a lurker's point of view, thisseems like when a pub has to close down because it isnt making money anymore. All the regulars get upset because their lives are turned upside down, they all curse the brewery and have a whip round to save the pub and take it over themselves.

Eventually, the people who just cameto have a drink will find somewhere else to drink, and the residents, theknow-it-alls and theaddicts will find somewhere else to live, but it will "never feel quite the same".

Well I say "Cheers" and good luck to you all, wherever you end up.

I am hoping to find myself a new fishing forum where people talk freely about angling, respect one another, but maybe havent got round to insulting one another yet. I'll probably be lurking in the background there too hehe /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Nick Lynch

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Beecy wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

thats the problem with everyone though, FM is like a good old pair of comfy pants, and no one wants to break in a new pair</blockquote>

But if you put on some new pants they feel fresh, I know it's not always greener on the other side, but hey, sometimes it is. If FM closers then there is plenty of oppertunity to stay as one forum as long everyone stays in touch.

My advice, don't wait untill the deadline date to sort something out. Get your plans together early for the worst case scenario and stick together.

I

Ian Cloke

<blockquote class=quoteheader><u>Well put Kev.</u>
</blockquote><blockquote class=quoteheader></blockquote><blockquote class=quoteheader>Matt Corker wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Well said Kev. To many people getting to sentimental thinking that Magicallia owes them something.

Now get to work on TickleTackle.com mister.</blockquote>What on earth has THIS PAGE got to do with owt Matt?

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I find it amazing that people are still joining in a steady trickle-obviously they don't know what's going on(who does)................bloody shame if it's short lived...

GOOD IDEA to have a seperate category on the Forum-something with just plain facts from those who <u>know</u> what's going on!!

Seems to me that too many so-called experts or people in the know are confusing the issue-it makes it difficult to follow progress.......not sure where we are with this......./forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Matt Corker wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Well said Kev. To many people getting to sentimental thinking that Magicallia owes them something.

Now get to work on TickleTackle.com mister.</blockquote>

Funny that, as I havent found anyone who thinks magicalia owe them anything.

There are those who say, we owe Magicalia nothing, and we dont.

Kevin makessome good point's, but many have been said on other threads.

Tee Cee,

its not hard to follow,

1, you want to stay with FM

2, you want a new site

3, you will wait and see what happens

J

John McLaren

But it can't close until I get to 1000 posts and I've been struggling recently nearly as little surfing time as fishing time/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I've just spoken to Ed Marriage and he is dealing with several serious enquiries to buy FM.

More enquiries have come in today which I've passed on to Ed.

He won't be available to speak to until next Wednesday but will email relevant figures to anyone making a serious enquiry.

<u>THE SITE WILL NOT CLOSE ON THE 19TH.</u> IT WILL NOT CLOSE WHILE SERIOUS OFFERS ARE BEING CONSIDERED.

ALL ENQUIRIES TO ED.MARRIAGE@MAGICALIA.COM AND NOT TO ME.

If you want to ask me something about the site relevant to anything editorial please email me rather than phone me. That way I can answer your enquiry at a time to suit both me and my family.

Thanks.

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Graham.

Too many threads going on at the moment. Granted some good ideas but I believe we should wait proceedings. My worry is that all the gossip and rumour could shy real buyers away.

Neil Mcmurran

Reaction score
well said ray, it is still graham that is trying to keep things calm. Just sit on your hands for a bit and wait to see what happens, which will be nothing for a while yet !

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

I'm following Graham's advice and holding tight until we have definite news. Panic and speculation never solves anything so let's just wait and see what happens.