Wreath for graham (the crow) Admin please read

chrissh

Reaction score
Is it possible for FM set up a PayPal for member to donate money to, for a wreath for graham (the crow)?

Thanks Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

Reaction score
I think it's a great idea Chris...

mikench

Reaction score
Ditto! Graham often referred to finances and I wonder whether his widow would like a donation to her either to assist her in the future or to buy something permanent as a reminder of our regards for Graham! A wreath is a good idea and I will contribute but it's commemoration is temporary! Maybe Nottskev and Binka know a little more! Count me in however we decide!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You’re wrong Chris.

I want to make a donation and I’m sure there are many others that do. As for admin? they take a while to respond, they have lives and jobs outside the running of FM.

nottskev

Reaction score
Your wreath idea was a good one Chris. Talking to Mike and Steve raised the idea that another possibility might be to club together to make a donation to Graham's wife, Janet, to use as she thought best.

Steve has been in touch with her and checking what would be best. He suggested, if a donation proved the way to go, that people could send their contributions to him, via paypal for example, for him to pass on.

He'll get back to me with some details, and I'll post them on here.

flightliner

Reaction score
I would gladly contribute, having no idea how pay pal works would be a hindrance but an address to send some cash would not be ignored.
I was also thinking that when I get back from abroad My next time fishing would be a simple one with Graham very much in my thoughts along with another old Angling friend who also passed away this week.
Maybe a few members would like a day together somewhere with a similar kind of thinking?

nottskev

Reaction score
I would gladly contribute, having no idea how pay pal works would be a hindrance but an address to send some cash would not be ignored.
I was also thinking that when I get back from abroad My next time fishing would be a simple one with Graham very much in my thoughts along with another old Angling friend who also passed away this week.
Maybe a few members would like a day together somewhere with a similar kind of thinking?

I know about the same amount, when it comes to making a payment to an individual, rather than in a retail transaction.! But Steve said we'd just need his email address or a Paypal reference, and that making a payment is straightforward if you already use Paypal and it's able to draw from your bank account. Like a lot of people, I use it for online purchases. You could also send Steve a cheque or cash. He's happy to gather donations by any means.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Kev, how’s this going to work?

Steve is no longer a member on FM, I’m sure there are members that would like to donate but don’t have any of his contact details.

nottskev

Reaction score
Kev, how’s this going to work?

Steve is no longer a member on FM, I’m sure there are members that would like to donate but don’t have any of his contact details.

Sorry if that's confusing. As I said in post 12, he'll get back to me with some details, contact details etc, and I'll post them on here.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Simple transactions with PayPal typically revolve around valid email addresses. Pretty sure a PayPal account has to be set up to receive the funds but contributors to that account don't have to be signed up. Their payments to that account can be made from Debit/Credit cards. But fees do apply for that option.

This may be an option:

Money Pools - Online Money Collection | PayPal UK

However, I have been to far too many funerals in the last 12 months or so and most have specified "no flowers" or "family only flowers". Many have set up an online tribute page organised via the Funeral Directors, sometimes by friends and associates, rather than directly by the family, but always with the family's permission.

That option might be worth a bit of thought.

nottskev

Reaction score
If anyone would like to make a contribution towards a donation to be passed on to Graham's wife, Janet,
Steve (Binka) will be happy to organise that for us.

If you use Paypal, you can send something to him by using this recipient email

riverss@virginmedia.com (Watch out for the double "s").

If you don't, you can send a cheque or cash to him here:

Stephen Walters
3 Cromer Close
Mansfield
Notts NG18 4DP

Reaction score
Thanks very much Kev and thanks to Chris for putting the thread up initially.