Pole rubber sizes

aeroken1

Reaction score
Hi all, nevr really made my own pole rigs and i have just bought a load of pole floats, only thing is i need the silicon rubber aswell. There are so many sizes to choose from, what is the normal size of most pole floats to give me an idea of what i need to order. I have seen boxes of many sizes but looking closer at them there seems to be much bigger than i need, just dont want to waste time and money buying what i DONT need. Thanks

nottskev

Reaction score
Drennan do small packs of mixed-size lengths of rubber labelled eg Carp or Extra Fine. You just cut off pieces as you require. If you weigh up what floats you have bought - generally wire stems are much thinner than carbon, glass or cane, and bigger floats eg 1 gm + have thicker stems than smaller - you should be able to get a pack that covers what you need. The packs are less than £2. If still in doubt, take your floats into the shop and ask.

Drennan pole float silicone - various | eBay

aeroken1

Reaction score
Drennan do small packs of mixed-size lengths of rubber labelled eg Carp or Extra Fine. You just cut off pieces as you require. If you weigh up what floats you have bought - generally wire stems are much thinner than carbon, glass or cane, and bigger floats eg 1 gm + have thicker stems than smaller - you should be able to get a pack that covers what you need. The packs are less than £2. If still in doubt, take your floats into the shop and ask.

Drennan pole float silicone - various | eBay

Many Thanks for the help bud.

daniel121

Reaction score
As kev has said, if you buy the mixed sizes you will have a bit of everything plus they aren't that expensive. When you know what size you use the most you can buy longer bits of just that size :thumbs: