Choosing a bivvy?

O

O.C.F.Disorder

I am looking to purchase a two man bivvy that will stand up to anything. I have no knowledge of bivvys so im hoping the specimen anglers among you could help me out. :confused: Thanks in advance guys :D

john step

Reaction score
I have no knowledge of bivvys so im hoping the specimen anglers among you could help me out. :confused: Thanks in advance guys :D

I am not either but I wish the one I bought this year had one of those peaks at the front.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You may get a better selection of answers on the various carp forums, as with most things you’ll get a variety of answers to what is best. Your budget may dictate your choice to a degree, some of these bivvies run into hundreds of £££s

john r stockburn

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a two man bivvy that will stand up to anything. I have no knowledge of bivvys so im hoping the specimen anglers among you could help me out. :confused: Thanks in advance guys :D

I have a brand new one if your interested , PM, me for details

O

O.C.F.Disorder

Im not sure about joining other forums, think i will just stick with you bunch of bar stewards (as our buddy used to say). I dont want to spend more than I need to but I dont want to sacrifice quality for cost.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Im not sure about joining other forums, think i will just stick with you bunch of bar stewards (as our buddy used to say). I dont want to spend more than I need to but I dont want to sacrifice quality for cost.

You don’t have to join other forums to gather information, just like here you can read the content as a guest. You’ll find a far greater content of bivvy reviews with the carp boys than you will here.

We don’t want you coming back with a thread like a while ago, “have I been ripped off”

Last edited:

bezzer

Reaction score
OCF, I'm in the same boat as you. Looking to do more night fishing next year and have started looking at bivvies. I think I'm going to go down the secondhand route as new ones are a lot of money for the amount of use they'll get.

mikench

Reaction score
My kids bought me a Trakker Tempest brolly for Xmas last year. I have no inclination to spend the night in it unless Nigella makes an offer!

It is easy and quick to erect and protects you from the wind and rain! It has the skullcap which is useful as a peak and additional insulation! It can be and is left in situe! It's well made and an overwrap is available if you want one! There are lots of similar brollies and bivvies about second hand .

I wanted something light and quick and easy to erect otherwise it would never be used. This fits the bill! I also have a flat back brolly which is almost as good!

Last edited:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
When my two stepchildren were younger I used to take them both on overnight fishing trips and chose the Fox Evolution 2 man bivvy and have to say it was excellent.

It was spacious and with the second skin we rarely ever suffered from condensation problems. I couldn’t recommend them highly enough, but not sure if they are still manufactured but certainly available second hand

john step

Reaction score
Its called fishing Not camping :wh

Agreed, however if you want to go away for a few days you will need shelter even if you wind in at night and fish during the day only.
There are rules that specify bivvys only to avoid falling foul of the local authority planing laws.

peterjg

Reaction score
I've done an awful lot of night fishing (actually too much, about 1200 nights) and over the decades have had various bivvies. I like the pram hood type bivvies, they are stable, easy and quick to put up. I suggest that you get an overwrap for it because in cold weather without one you will get condensation which will freeze on the inside, thaw in the morning and then it will be like being in a shower! Also the overwrap is useful in very hot weather otherwise a bivvy will be as hot as a greenhouse. When the overwrap is used and it is still wet when I pack up the overwrap is the only thing that needs to be dried, hung up in my garage. I currently use the Westland one man bivvy (there is a 2 man version) from Go Outdoors, it is just as good and vastly cheaper than comparable other bivvies.

peterjg

Reaction score
Mikench, yes you are right - it's Westlake not Westland.

O

O.C.F.Disorder

just woke up to a charming message from john about buying a bivvy from him.. 2018-11-17 (2).jpg2018-11-17 (3).jpg I just wanted to know how it stands up to bad weather.. Not sure if I was misconstrued or if he is just a pillock?

O

O.C.F.Disorder

bit hard to read so:

Me:Hi john, I appreciate your response to my thread. What is the brand and model of this bivvy of yours? Why are you selling and how much do you want for it?

John: it is a "carp zone AS 2 man" (view it on you tube) , I need a smaller one as I am not as fit as I thought I was and weight is a problem now ,
£90 collected

Me:have you tested it in bad weather? Im really worried about leaking..

John: it is brand new ,...……...**** off and buy one from a shop

Im guessing you thought I was worried you have over used it or something, John? Bit of a Richard move if you ask me.

Last edited:

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A private message is exactly that. Very impolite to put up someone’s pm sent to you in good faith on the forum as are your derogatory remarks.

O

O.C.F.Disorder

I dont even know what to say to such a ridiculous comment, no offence intended.

O

O.C.F.Disorder

I dont know about you buddy but when someone tells me to F off, politeness tends to slip my mind.

john r stockburn

Reaction score
bit hard to read so:

Me:Hi john, I appreciate your response to my thread. What is the brand and model of this bivvy of yours? Why are you selling and how much do you want for it?

John: it is a "carp zone AS 2 man" (view it on you tube) , I need a smaller one as I am not as fit as I thought I was and weight is a problem now ,
£90 collected

Me:have you tested it in bad weather? Im really worried about leaking..

John: it is brand new ,...……...**** off and buy one from a shop

Im guessing you thought I was worried you have over used it or something, John? Bit of a Richard move if you ask me.

I still have the private massage you sent and there is no mention of the above quote , however your are right about the so called "Richard move", your a **** and please do not contact me again