WICKSTEED LAKE.........

Peter Squire

Reaction score
Yep. Had some roach and dace but not much else. Did see a monster carp swimming by with some smaller ones. Thinking of joining the syndicate but I believe it is sold out this year. Does anyone no much about this lake?

josh line

Reaction score
hi,

Yearly 24hr Syndicate Ticket ( Limited to30 places) £6508/09 season full

Yearly Day Ticket £40

Day Ticket(Dawn to Dusk)£5

www.wicksteedlake.webs.com

about 19 swims, loads of roach, perch ,pike ,carp to 30lb+,tench (no bream) , you are able to fish the river at the back of the lake with chub gudgon roach perch and a few carp.

hope this has helped you both out

tight lines josh

Nick Harrison

Reaction score
I used to fish here years ago. Lots of Tench and had a few nice crucians. Love the site.

eddie p

Reaction score
I'm the balliff.

The lake is a very tranquil natural water, next to a campsite, and a larger boating lake, within the grounds of Wicksteed Park (the UK's second oldest theme park). It's a natural lake, not heavily stocked, It currently contains Roach to 2lb, Tench to 10lb and Pike to 30lb. There are no longer any carp in the lake. The tiny rivers Slade and Ise, which are also part of the fishery, contain Roach to 3lb+, Chub to 8lb, Dace to 1lb and even the occasional Grayling and Rainbow Trout.

Any questions about fishing at Wicksteed - Brian 07501368691, or contact Wicksteed Park: information@wicksteedpark.org

7f5a65144a1460b9f45167b379f66d5d

greenie62

Reaction score
I'm the balliff....

Hi Eddie,
That picture of the lake looks very picturesque - is that the 'small southern lake' reserved for fishing mentioned in the brochure? Is the fishing open 24 hours for those staying there?
Tight Lines!

law

Reaction score
There are no longer any carp in the lake. ]

I wish some of the lakes round here removed the carp. It's pretty much impossible to find a carp free venue that's not a shitty commercial.