Loop tyer

seth49

Reaction score
I was tying some rigs up for my new margin pole yesterday, and found I was struggling to tie the figure of eight knot I usually use to tie loops.

I remembered buying a loop tyer ages ago, having a go, but not getting the hang of it, so I found it ,did a search on utube and I watched a video of it a few times, so then I watched a bit, paused it, while I did that, and so on, till I had tied a few, when I got the hang of it, they came out well, and easy to do, will come in very handy.

Who said you can’t teach an old dog new tricks.

nottskev

Reaction score
I was tying some rigs up for my new margin pole yesterday, and found I was struggling to tie the figure of eight knot I usually use to tie loops.

I remembered buying a loop tyer ages ago, having a go, but not getting the hang of it, so I found it ,did a search on utube and I watched a video of it a few times, so then I watched a bit, paused it, while I did that, and so on, till I had tied a few, when I got the hang of it, they came out well, and easy to do, will come in very handy.

Who said you can’t teach an old dog new tricks.

Ha! I did exactly the same! Very satisfying when you work out what to do.

rayner

Reaction score
The Sensas loop tyer is a simple tool to use, once you get the hang of it.
You get a consistently uniform loop every time.

daniel121

Reaction score
I use a stonfo one, it's a round peice of plastic with two legs on it to regularate the knot size. The one that looks like a Swan im guessing is the one your on about?

Congratulations because I'd have no hope of figuring that out I don't think :eek:hno::thumbs:;)

John Keane

Reaction score
Don’t like the swan-neck ones, do like the Seymo one (2 prongs with one shorter than the other.)

Always tie double overhand loop on my coarse rigs, and figure-of-8 on my trout and salmon leaders. Dont know why, I just do.

mikench

Reaction score
A swan neck type loop tyer is a doddle to use compared to the sensas one! You do all the work!!! That is one gadget I shall not be acquiring!

John Keane

Reaction score
I honestly don’t know what could be simpler to do than use this loop tyer? Even pi$$ing your pants is complicated by comparison!

mikench

Reaction score
I honestly don’t know what could be simpler to do than use this loop tyer? Even pi$$ing your pants is complicated by comparison!

I haven't reached such levels of complication yet! Each to their own ! I have no difficulty with the swan neck variant and will stick with it!

bracket

Reaction score
I use a figure of eight knot regularly. Forgive me for saying this, but I think you are all making a simple thing difficult. I have just recorded this home made video on my laptop, so apologies for the quality, no sound as I was concentrating on keeping my hands in picture, but it is self explanatory and so easy to do. Pete