Would you chew

flightliner

Reaction score
Looking at Chew res 2019 pike fishing prices the authority have increased prices as follows--
Bank -- £55
Boat --- £60
Guided---£550
Any takers ?

Keith M

Reaction score
Looking at Chew res 2019 pike fishing prices the authority have increased prices as follows--
Bank -- £55
Boat --- £60
Guided---£550
Any takers ?

Any Takers? It looks like the Chew Res Authority are the only takers here and it’s not only the P*** they are taking either.

Keith

Last edited:

bracket

Reaction score
Pretty obvious. They are not interested in promoting pike fishing

flightliner

Reaction score
Pretty obvious. They are not interested in promoting pike fishing
On their website they say they want to protect the pike fishing by lowering the number of pike days but the prices have been raised to make up the financial loss .

Philip

Reaction score
On their website they say they want to protect the pike fishing

Protect the Pike by opening it to Pike fishing :eek:mg: Nice one Chew.

Me thinks they are more interested in money than Pike.

Not for me but I cant blame them for raising prices...its an open market so if they have a product & someone is willing to pay...

bracket

Reaction score
On their website they say they want to protect the pike fishing by lowering the number of pike days but the prices have been raised to make up the financial loss .

That figures. They want their cake and eat it too. Pete

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I can only think we have some pike anglers who can afford £55 for a days fishing ( plus the 'gettting there' cost) and I suppose some might look at it as a special treat, but on anything like a regular basis.......Mmmm

Personally, it would give me serious indigestion to pay that sort of money.I can only see three trips would be the cost of a reasonable new rod and if I want pike I can fish the local gravel pits for decent fish and be home early!

Perhaps some will see it as going for the experience of fishing that wonderful water...

bullet

Reaction score
To be fair, its only the cost of an average meal out and a couple drinks with the mrs for a day on a famous big fish water....I know what I'd rather do, and I don't even like Pike fishing.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Can you let me know where you and the wife eat for £55 quid, bullet, AND including drinks!

..........or are you doing the whole Michelin star thingy at £550?

You're right though it would be a wonderful experience, but I would need to buy pike fishing tackle!!

mikench

Reaction score
To be fair, its only the cost of an average meal out and a couple drinks with the mrs for a day on a famous big fish water....I know what I'd rather do, and I don't even like Pike fishing.

I bet you don't send her a valentines card!:rolleyes: in my current optimistic and excited mood I would have been tempted but it's too far to go! Besides I want a nice little fella to start with!!!

john step

Reaction score
When I read flights post I thought that money for a season fishing is good value. THEN I READ Tee Cee and it transpires its for a day, Wow.:wh

Reaction score
You can look at the cost of a day at the football,cricket etc,just hope the EE 's set some night lines on it,because I'm not sure,but I don't think a days trouting is that dear...

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
Would be interested to know what a day's pike fishing cost before this rise? But then again, it is up to them isn't it? Both the fishery owner and the anglers concerned? Personally its not something I'd rush to be doing (I don't really fish for pike that much)... but on the other hand, if the occasion and company were right then I could probably be persuaded. It's a whole day out on a historic water pursuing my favourite pastime, so as has been mentioned a day at a major sports event, a meal out or a big concert... they'd all probably come with a similar price tag. I bet there's game anglers paying similar pro-rate costs for syndicated stretches on the big salmon rivers.

(I expect there are some pike anglers delighted by the news, because that price hike might make it easier to get on? Or maybe not... which just means the fishery owner is probably making a good decision)

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Those charges are quite close to many trout lakes in the country, particularly here in the south.

If I were to want to catch some extremely large pike then I’d have no hesitation in going to Chew. In fact an old friend of mine, and a past very active member here, is often there when possible and has a stunning list of large fish to his credit.

Increasingly here at home there is a system of, “you get what you pay for” and fishing is no exception . . . . .

mikench

Reaction score
I agree that a concert ticket, day at Old Trafford or Twickenham is 3 times that price or more! However there are refreshments available, a great atmosphere and a few hours of entertainment.

You could sit on the bank all day freezing your nuts off and not catch a thing! No music, no cold beer or hot coffeee and definately no atmosphere! The pike may not turn up but at least the band or the teams do!:rolleyes:

bullet

Reaction score
Can you let me know where you and the wife eat for £55 quid, bullet, AND including drinks!

..........or are you doing the whole Michelin star thingy at £550?

You're right though it would be a wonderful experience, but I would need to buy pike fishing tackle!!

The local Wetherspoons...!

Done with the Michelin star thing.....takes you about 3 hours to eat dinner, what with the 10 courses thing, and most Mice could polish off each course!

I'm sure you could make a killing with burger vans parked outside these places.