Does anbody know what is happening?

james j

Reaction score
Todmorden.Its in Yorkshire not Lancashire.
Ivebeen off site for a while due to illness and have lost track with what is going on regarding the closure of FM. Does anybody know what is going to happen, i.e is FM closing or staying open? Is there a new site we can all de-camp too if the worst happens?

Reaction score
james

there are negotiations on-going with magicalia from interested other parties to continue FM.

The initial fears of a shutdown at the end of this week have been dispelled as assurances have been given that no precipitive action will be taken whilst negotiations are on going.

Some folk are members of social networking sites anyway and are keeping in touch though that media (e.g Facebook - search using Fishing magic -other social networking sites are available).

As you can see most of us are still active - (Corkers absence is down to vacation not because somebody lost him down a grid)

Signs are that FM will be continuing in some form which we can live with (and eventually control - part of the Baitbox plan for world internet domination led by Fred B. - whose anti baitbox personna was rumbled a long time ago so we're being open and honest like all political parties and banks!)

No need to panic Mr. Mainwaring we're nay doomed yet!

(But keep everything crossed all the same -just in case)

Poshers

F

Frothey

Austin_Powers_Mike_Myers_as_Dr_Evil.jpg

negotiations are on-going.......

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

plenty of offers in but so far magicalia have said........
mini_me.jpg

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
does anyone remember the hysteria in Dec 1999 when we thought that all the computers would stop and planes would fall out of the sky and everything would come to a standstill because computers couldnt deal with the 1999 2000 changeover.

I think were in the same situation here. two days and counting.

lets have a countdown thread (pic of Carol Vorderman especially)

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
I think magicalia will stay stumm as it makes good buisness sense when theres several bidders for the site ,keeps them on there toes and competetive ,ensuring that magicalia get the best price .the site should stay open until all negotiations are ongoing

we'll still be here on christmas day swapping stories of the awfull pressents we got and those lucky enough to go fishing over x-mass rubbing our noses in it ,what losers we are for not getting out there and them boasting how big their .........

....fish are !

but if your worried join the facebook group or My forums and you'll be kept intouch and informed

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

All sounds very fishy to me.

I cant believe for a moment that losing Graham as Editor brought all this about, although he was the heart and soul of FM, more like the owners taking the opportunity to offload part of their business. There is no place for sentiment, or loyalty, in business.

Can you just imagine the Times or Telegraph being sold/shutdown because the Editor retired??

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quote><blockquote class=quoteheader>Graham Marsden wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Let's get a few things straight before any more false assumptions and daft conspiracy theories raise their ugly heads.

If negotiations for FM are ongoing on 19th December the site will remain open until it's clear that it will not be sold.

Ed Marriage is genuinely ill but has been able to send an odd email from home.

Magicalia are not out to screw anyone, they've made a commercial decision to close FM unless it's sold and they will do all they can to sell it rather than close it.

If it does close down I can't see any problem with any contributor using his own contributions anywhere he likes. After all, those contributions will not have any value to Magicalia.

By all means arrange to have a site where a resemblance of FM can carry on if the site closes.

But otherwise, calm down, be patient, wait for Ed to return to work and for Chris to have his chat with him.

And finally, don't assume that Chris is the only one showing an interest in buying / taking over the site. </blockquote></blockquote>
Wise man, our Graham... /forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

Reaction score
Which begs the question Wol...

What did you do to p*ssGranville offthis much?

mini_me.jpg

For the life of me I can't imagine what could have provoked the Marsbars's wrath? /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Did you nick his swim?

Did you make a sudden grab forhis wallet?

Did you 'fix' the fix andfinally beat himat Clattercote?

Calm down Graham! For Gawd's sake, Guvnor!!! You're retired!!!! /forum/smilies/party_smiley.gif

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

He got the hump a while back when i started catching some 'big dogs'.

I'll take him out one day and show him how to Bream fish /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Possibly on a Mere!

Morespiders

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt (SAA) (ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

He got the hump a while back when i started catching some 'big dogs'.

I'll take him out one day and show him how to Bream fish /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Possibly on a Mere!</blockquote>

Now there's something to look forward to Mr Marsden,.

A night in the bivvy with Gaunt and Knowles on a mere.

More CAMP Graham ?./forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

Where's Greg with his family fortune when you want him. Ideal opportunity to have your own publishing empire.

I'm led to believethere are £billions to be made fromwww internet businesses /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

19th December, a day I'll never forget. Over half a liftime ago I woke that morning thinking what the F%£& have I done. I dimly remembered going through some type of church service the day before. That was 1965 and I still ask the same question. The week leading up to Christmas day is always a joyous time....for some /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

F

Frothey

there is, unfortunately the pound is worth pretty much the same as the Peruvian "caalgha" - a monetary system based entirely on rotting leaves, covered in guana.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
A night in a tent with Mr Knowles and Wol? Self inflating I presume! Don't do it Graham if you want a long retirement.

What with Wol's smelly socks and Barney's smelly rear end they would have the lake to themselves for sure, I can imagine the spectacle of the fish jumping out of the lake in a desperate bid for freedom from the whiff. " No need for bait guys, we surrender" they will be shouting.