Cralusso surf running line river float

Steve E

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has used these floats and what size would suit what conditions.There a bit steep to buy a variety.

Cheers Steve

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I use their flat floats on the pole,but havent yet tried these,dont know if youve seen the dvd of the bloke using one in Hungary but they are using one in a deep pacey river ,the angler manages to steer the float around a buoy rather like steering a two string kite,which is quite impressive,I cant really see a great need to use one in the uk when a heavy stick float is usually ok,the main point of them is guiding the float around obstacles such as boulders in the case of the Hungarian river in the aforesaid video,maybe the Wye or such river they would be useful,if you havent seen the video ,try to,I believe its a cralusso promo. I saw it in my local tackle shop which stocks cralusso floats.

stikflote

Reaction score
one of the lads was useing a flat float on river Idle on John Ledger event ,i stood and watched him most impressive, i ve since been and bought one, someone on here will know who it was then he can tell tips

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
We use something similar in this country but its called the Lollipop float which is probably what you saw being used on the Idle. Its main attribute is that you can fish a river swim with a pole but keep the float perfectly still in the flow. This is sometimes an advantage but not always, there are days when the fish want the bait presented at different speeds.

Steve E

Reaction score
Cheers, interesting video`s. I often wondered what a 15 g rocket float was used for, I see now its used for breaking up the ice on your driveway.

Beecy

Reaction score
Stickfloat,

Iwas the one you watched on th Idle.

Graham, i was using the cralusso torpedo, a bit diferent to the standard lollipop in that it has a shaped shoulder that forces it down into the water in the flow,cracking floats.

Im no expert with them as i have only just started using them but am impressed. The key is to get the size of float needed to suit depth/flow rightand get the shotting just right. Because of the irregular flow on the idle i had two different size floats set up, a 5gramm and a 2.5gramm and had to keep changing between the two, i could have done with a bigger one tooat times but only have 2 top 4's with my pole (idle is fairly deep)

Never seen these running line ones before, if i see any i will buy some and give em a go