Managed to bust a rod

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Hi Folks ..

Well not happy at all one of my favorite rods a Wychwood Power float 13' 1lb rod i managed to break the middle section dont ask how :mad: Does anyone know what they are like for spare parts as i do not want to just cob this road away as i like it .

I was planning on using it tomorrow on the Stour but alas i can no longer drat best laid plans of mice & Men or what .. :eek:mg: .

PG ...

terry m

Reaction score
My experience of after sales service with Wychwood was awful.

Unless it was a warranty failure within the prescribed period they were simply not interested, I will avoid their products in future because of this.

Good luck, hope you have better results than I did.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi Folks ..

Well not happy at all one of my favorite rods a Wychwood Power float 13' 1lb rod i managed to break the middle section dont ask how :mad: Does anyone know what they are like for spare parts as i do not want to just cob this road away as i like it .

I was planning on using it tomorrow on the Stour but alas i can no longer drat best laid plans of mice & Men or what .. :eek:mg: .

PG ...

Get a 13ft acolyte plus :).

Drennan have a good after sales also :D

Molehill

Reaction score
I have repaired many, many breaks in rods with good success (for other anglers, I don't break all my rods :wh).

I sleeve the broken section inside and out + whipping and epoxy. This is not perfect as there will be an obvious flat spot, but far better than chucking the rod in the bin and it will always do as a backup/spare rod.

Try to replace the rod through the manufacturer, then repair the old one, nothing lost. If you can find someone nearby to do it.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
I have repaired many, many breaks in rods with good success (for other anglers, I don't break all my rods :wh).

I sleeve the broken section inside and out + whipping and epoxy. This is not perfect as there will be an obvious flat spot, but far better than chucking the rod in the bin and it will always do as a backup/spare rod.

Try to replace the rod through the manufacturer, then repair the old one, nothing lost. If you can find someone nearby to do it.
yep that is more or less what i have decieded to do it has snapped just blow the whipping for a ring so ring off and should repair ok .. .

PG ...