River Thames Walton

Mr Raffles

Reaction score
Hi lads,

Any info on how the river is at Docket Eddy Lane (just above Shepperton Lock)

Has the river fined down or is there lots of rubish flowing down as 3 weeks ago.

Is it worth a chuch at the weekend.

Cheers lads.

Mike

Tim Holmes

Reaction score
It's always worth a chuck, try a bit further upstream under the motor way bridge. Cast close in if it's pushing through. Use a big lump of meat and fish from mid afternoon till dark. Do you fish Penton Hook? I used to fish there as a lad but haven't been for ages... Tight lines! Tim.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I think the lower thames will fish its nuts off this weekend,fining down after last sats deluge and still coloured,plus very mild weather(10 degrees overnight).I will be fishing at kingston in a charity match,the general opinion between local competitors is bumper nets at the all out.good luck..

Just had a new report and the thames is still running fast with some leaves etc washing through,my source says extra lead on the feeder or heavy straght lead will be needed.I dont know what species you are targetting ,but bread flake should work very well with liquidised in the feeder for roach and bream.

at walton fish as near to the bridge as poss and cast to the second arch.

Mr Raffles

Reaction score
Well as for species, barbel or chub maybe of if not will put out a couple of pike rods. Not really into silvers etc.

peter crabtree

Reaction score
At this time of year barbel and chub will willingly take bread flake,and you may get a bonus big roach.Cheap day out in anyones book I think.I think there's too much colour and flow for effective pike fishing.Have a good day anyway.

Tim Holmes

Reaction score
I've just been given an old Hardy carbon 14' matchmaker so will try some trotting with red mag and caster on the Creek at Sunbury [yes, I am a member!] I hope the roach play game...

peter crabtree

Reaction score
I wonder how you got on Tim,I fished a match on saturday on the thames at Kingston and bream and chub were caught but only one roach,a lot of anglers were asking where are the roach?(I did count 11 cormorants in a tree at the weigh in)

Tim Holmes

Reaction score
No roach, but a few chub and one lost barbel [about 5 lb, I reckon] The chub don't half go on light float tackle, even the 2 pounders! Does any one fish at penton hook and if so do you need a weir permit tofish on the island? Regards Tim.