Bite indicators/bobbins

john step

Reaction score
I have just had these delivered via Ebay (outdoormarket 38928). They are a lot heavier quality than many I have seen lately. Nice sturdy chain to avoid wind swing. I thought they were a bargain for under a fiver each. Delivered.

View attachment 6340

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tose look god John, but the chain looks a little industrial.
I made my own and used bathroom plug chain. It cost next to nowt from B&Q and isn't too heavy.

john step

Reaction score
Tose look god John, but the chain looks a little industrial.
I made my own and used bathroom plug chain. It cost next to nowt from B&Q and isn't too heavy.

Yes they are heavy. I wanted heavier ones for some circumstances. I would add that some chains I have had in the past have broken easily. These chains should be steadier in strong side winds which are not unknown in these parts.

The line clips are metal. I seem to break the plastic type too easily. Might just be me being butter fingers of course.

sam vimes

Reaction score
For some applications you really want heavy bobbins. Fishing any kind of helicopter rig or paternoster is much better served with heavy bobbins and a short drop as most indications will be dropbacks.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For some applications you really want heavy bobbins. Fishing any kind of helicopter rig or paternoster is much better served with heavy bobbins and a short drop as most indications will be dropbacks.

Yeah, I just add on weights or take weights off to suit what I want.