George Thornley Appeal

stephen savage

Reaction score
I have just recieved the sad news that George passed away this lunch time the meet at Huttoft on the 24th January will now be a memorial meet all money raised will go to his widow
R.I.P George

F

Fred Bonney

Ed, just found this on the website Stephen is associated with

Many of you will have read the story of George Thornley, the 68 year old man who was almost killed and is currently in a serious condition in hospital, after disturbing someone trying to steal his fishing tackle.
Read the story here:
http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/bl...ted.4765904.jp

stephen savage

Reaction score
I have been told George has no widow as he lived alone
so we are leaving the desision of what to do with the funds raised to his son i will keep you informed

stephen savage

Reaction score
called in a Huttoft yesturday and took some photos of the venue its perfect for the meet as its safe parking easy access and room as you can see for lots of anglers the photos were took at low tide anyone trying fishing for the first time or need any help or advice help will be on hand free of charge we have had plenty of anglers offering there support and i could do with a list of all attending its a fun event with prizes for biggest fish raffle and hot food depending on numbers so please add your name at the bottom of this post i will be adding this post to my site and to as many others as i can if you have any questions please feel free to pm me.we will be there from 12noon on the 24th of January i will list prizes as i get them

ebay002.jpg

ebay001.jpg

ebay006.jpg

ebay004.jpg

stephen savage

Reaction score
This Trophy will be awarded to the winner as part of the prize
the winner can have his name and the year won engraved
and will be fished for every year as a memorial to George
all money raised will go to deserving Charities such as the R.N.L.I
so please show your support

wlc10_lg.jpg

stephen savage

Reaction score
raffle prizes recieved for Huttoft meet so far
online baits £25 voucher.
just received the very generous raffle prizes from Glasgow Angling Centre
which include
Jumbo rig wallet
bait coolbox
spool tube
reel bag
sea rod holdall
large red smock
DLX wallet +10 rigs bait cotton & dispenser
box of rig maker accessories

stephen savage

Reaction score
Mike at W.S.F tackle shop is sending
MTI Shore Rig Wallet, MTI BassRig Wallet and an MTI Spool Tube.

stephen savage

Reaction score
Veals have sent a Grauvell calypso AX60 fixed spool real and a spool of 20lbs stren blood red line

plus had this email from Rob at bft bargain fishing tackle

Give me an address Steve, I will send a left and right handed Abu Garcia 7000i , brand spanking new and in boxes. I think that they will go down well.

stephen savage

Reaction score
well what can i say but thanks first of all to Ryan 1 and Paul for their help organising the event and secondly a big thanks to all that attended 27 in total we raised £261 and best of all made some new friends for life great lads and lasses who came from all parts of the country hope you all enjoyed it as much as me the weather gods were kind and a few if not masses of codling Whiting and flatties did show up hope you lads and lasses from Liverpool managed to get home with all your raffle prizes and what can I say about Billy not only did he win the shield with a 5lbs 1oz Cod but then went on to pick his own ticket out on the raffle well done all of you but its a good job the loverly ladys turned up or people would think it was a gurning competition
(Billyfishing got my vote for that prize) :thumbs: now for the pics

Eddie with his 2 1/2lbs Codling unfortunately caught 10 mins before match and dident count :bangin:
ebay003.jpg

ebay006-1.jpg

ebay007.jpg

ebay018.jpg

ebay016.jpg

ebay017-1.jpg

And here is the winner who i think enjoyed it by the look on his face
Well done Billy Brewer
ebay015-1.jpg

ebay020.jpg

sorry about the lack of photos but i was buisy meeting and greating running the raffle and cooking the bacon and sausage cobs with Ryan1
but i am sure other pics will be posted see you next time (Steve)

stephen savage

Reaction score
The total raised from the George Thornley meets from around
the coast is a staggering £4000 plus not bad for the first year
well done all who took part give yourselves a pat on the back

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif