Red Letter Day

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Red letter days?, what does that mean to you?

Is it your biggest fish,

You best bag of fish,

or just sitting back, enjoying the time with family and friends while fishing.

What ever it is, hope 2009 can bring you plenty more.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Not being in the same boat as you/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

Same to you mate.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

To me it means different things each year. This years red letter day for me was when I finally caught my "first" double figure Bream after two years of trying.

R

Richard Drayson

My red letter day would be either a nice bag of big roach, two-pounders included, or a new pb chub from the R. Test or Hants Avon. Having said that, a barbel of any size would be great too as I've never caught one!

Morespiders

Reaction score
Same here Slime my lad, Can't beat it ,look forward to June /forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
A red letter day for me is any day that I avoid catching a Bream.

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>slime monster wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

meet FM mates ....empty water ....have a drink/ laugh...that will do for me.</blockquote>
Spot on Slime , superb ./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Laney

Reaction score
just being home, rods in the water and a few close friends on the same stretch with a few beers and the bivvies set up!

AHHHHH Homesick just thinking of it!/forum/smilies/eye_rolling_smiley.gif

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
This has set me thinking back to the days that I have enjoyed the most over the years.

My Red letter days have usually been when I have taken a good mixed bag, sometimes with a few surprises thrown in.

Four double figure river carp and a six and a half pound Tench when bream fishing on the Sussex Ouse,in addition toa net full of bream made a good day even better. Ten different species from the same swim on the River Beult the first time that I fished there felt pretty special as well. I have had so little time off work recently, that I savour any opportunity for a days fishing.

Remember: A bad days fishing always beats a good days working.

C

Colin North, the one and only

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Claudia Crowther wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Catching my first fish on a fly/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif</blockquote>

Your day will come Claudia. If you try one of the "Put& Take" rianbow trout fisheries, you are almost bound to catch one, because they sometimes are pretty daft creatures that will try to eat anything, including Day-Glo orange/yellow conconctions that look like nothing that ever swam or crawled on this earth.

After nearly getting carted off with septisemia about4 years ago, every day is a red letter day. Some not as good as others, but I'm damned glad to still be here to entertain or annoy you lot.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL

Colin & Sue

brummie

Reaction score
Helping a Kid with learning difficulties catch his first fish at an event organised by the local police. I,ll never forget the look on his face when he landed it.It was magic. I felt like I was walking on water.

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

A Red Letter day will be the next time I get out on the Wear.

Previous Red Letter days; 47 chub from the Swale all taken fishing free lined flake/crust(not one saw a keepnet) with fish to 5lb -08oz,(and a barbel that swan straight towards me and almost through my legs)my PB chub from Walkers section of the Upper Gt Ouse and of course every day of the CSG get together weekends, must be approaching 60 in over 22 years of membership.

Tommo!

Reaction score
Actually catching the species I am after by design and then maybe one or two more.

S

Shrek

Had my Red Letter Day yesterday.

Met up with some very good friends at a small trout water. Fishing was bonkers, so was the company. I don't think I stopped laughing all day. An excellent end to 2008 and many thanks to all who were there that made if so (Except for Piss-Pants Marsdin!!!!)

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Strange ---- Mr Shrek but I had a daypractically exactly the same ........ It was good wasn't it ?

(but I had to put up with the smell of Pissy Pants Marsdin drying out in the heat of the car going home)