looking for a nice weks break venue?

Laney

Reaction score
Hi,

i work away from home all over the world and unfortunatly i find myself away from home all over this holiday period up to the end of january! so i am looking for a nice little venue (in the uk) for a weeks break at the beginning of Feb, just to relax and hopefully catch a few nice fish! i like to fish for tench, bream, pike, catfish, carp or just bag up with silvers! can anyone reccomend a venue which would be nice for me but also ok for the misses who doesnt really like to fish? any help would be much apreciated!/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Cheers, Laney.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Where will you be based in the UK Mark?

Are you looking for somewhere to stay for a full week? Or are you willing to move about a little. the latter would be a better choice in my opinion.

brummie

Reaction score
Try www.yorklakesidelodges.co.uk .

My wife and I had a week there April this year. The lodges are very good, the one bedroom ones are right on the lake. The fishing is good. Its only a couple of mins from a park and ride, so you can get on with the fishing while THE BOSS gets some retail therapy in York.

cheers, Ian

Laney

Reaction score
I Live on the norfolk Broads Baz! and i am really looking for just a week resting up doing nothing but watching my rods and hopefully playing a few nice fish, i travel so much with my job i like to just chill when home! and i know i live in a great fishing area, but when you see it and fish it all the time a change of scenery is always nice eh! thats why i ask here! as there is no better travel agent than all you guys out there fishing! and all you guys wont try to send me to somewhere that was crap, (i hope lol) most travel agents will just send you somewhere for there own profit!!

Brummie and Morespiders! thanks for the tips guy's i'll give them a look! /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif