Kings College London Research

Lark

Reaction score
Heard on the news earlier that recent research by King's College London, carried out on 15 separate river locations in rural Suffolk, has found surprising levels of both cocaine and ketamine as well as various types of extremely illegal pesticides in their waters.
Not at all surprised by the illegal pesticides, but the other two are a bit of a head-scratcher.

Reaction score
Not really,there's enough people on the stuff,what goes in must come out...

Lark

Reaction score
What they seem to be specifically pointing out is that it's being found in extremely rural locations, with hardly any population in the immediate vicinities.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I read that article this morning about the 5 Suffolk rivers where 100% of the shrimps tested showed traces of cocaine and other drugs and pesticides . . . .

Truly amazing.

Mind you, it did go some way to explaining the actions of some of the residents of that County . . . . ;)

Last edited:

Weirdoh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Heard on the news earlier that recent research by King's College London, carried out on 15 separate river locations in rural Suffolk, has found surprising levels of both cocaine and ketamine as well as various types of extremely illegal pesticides in their waters.
Not at all surprised by the illegal pesticides, but the other two are a bit of a head-scratcher.

Anyone else see a white coat getting a diciplinary...from prawn connery

Last edited:

Lark

Reaction score
I read that article this morning about 5 the Suffolk rivers where 100% of the shrimps tested showed traces of cocaine and other drugs and pesticides . . . .

Truly amazing.

Mind you, it did go some way to explaining the actions of some of the residents of that County . . . . ;)

Aaah yes!.... I remember the warnings we were given in early sales training. "...and never, ever take a short-cut down any lanes in Suffolk"

Another Dave

Reaction score
What they seem to be specifically pointing out is that it's being found in extremely rural locations, with hardly any population in the immediate vicinities.

Yes that is hard to explain. I reckon it's cross contamination from the bloody students at Kings College!

Weirdoh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't think such statistics are to be sniffed at, it might be from contamination of a white coat who was partying on down the night before, forgot to wash his hands after wiping his "summer hayfever" nostrils and then fed the shrimp, if you look into it iun detail and go through the kay hole you might actually notice it was Tony Montana who funded the study.