CAMO EVERYTHING!

Clive Moore 2

Reaction score
Itseems that every single fishing item and product is beginning to be made camo for some reason. please tell me if there is an important reason that i have missed /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif, or is it just daft!?!?!?!?!?!...............

Clive Moore 2

Reaction score
you have camo equipment dont you frothey....../forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

it seems ridiculous to me......

Laney

Reaction score
before that everything was Green all the time!! i guess the manufacturers thought it would be a nice change!! /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

but whats the difference if it catches fish, what colour it is??? i woulda thought its purpose and function was more important than colour guys?

Clive Moore 2

Reaction score
indeed mark lane, but the gear im talking about is things like luggage and tackle box's which do not directlyhelp catch fishbut are bumped up 20-30 quid just because they blend in with bloody leaves and stuff. soon the people who buy this gimmicky stuff wont be able to find there gear when they're out fishing...haha/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

i have good old green gear which does the job and have avoided gimmicks like camo tackle box's with a bunsen burners on the side, and individualcamo bags for each of my hooks...hahahaha/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Laney

Reaction score
LOL gotta give ya that clive! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

i guess it is because the youth today want everything and want it now! when i started out i had to get by on old seconhand stuff or handed down stuff that i had to repair!

today is a posession oriented society where what you have dictates your status! sad but true.

that said though, i am in a very high paid job with good security behind me for the first time in my life and i do tend to by the best of everything as and when i want it, so i have become just as bad i guess.

but in my defence i have known hard times and home made gear! and if it goes tomorrow i will still be just as happy with the old second hand rebuilt stuff!

Happy new year to you all, may it be filled with a PB for all species!/forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gif

F

Frothey

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Clive Moore 2 wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

you have camo equipment dont you frothey....../forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

it seems ridiculous to me......</blockquote>

the only camo i use is my goretex and fishing trousers - they're cheaper and better quality than the so called "specially designed for fishing" stuff. oh, and the titan overwrap as it was cheaper than the normal one (and i rarely use a bivvy these days)

why worry about what others are spending their money on, life's too short........

C

Cakey

I love camo ............................
halter%20bow%20tie%20bikini%20camo.jpg

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Camo is daft!

Using camo is being as daft as those people who think that by creeping low to the ground, you can stalk a fish and get under it's line of vision.

Wearing clothes that are drab in colour is all that you need to do. In fact you would probably be better wearing a white or light blue jacket if you are in a boat, or are wading with no trees behind you that are in the line of the fishes cone of vision.

The secret of getting close to fish is to hide behind something like a tree, or to keep still long enough.

It's movement that spooks fish, not the colour of your clothes!

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Well that doesn't say to much for those silly flyfishermen allways waving their arms about over their heads when casting. Makes you wonder if they ever do really catch anything.

Clive Moore 2

Reaction score
yeah mate!!!!

cheers Ron. im not even sure that the camo put on fishing stuff is intended to serve that prupose.....to be camo!!!! like you say you just need to hide behind trees or reeds or something and be stealthy. you need to develop a skill not buy some company's latest gear.

Its to catch the angler not the fish. (it hasnt caught me haha)/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif