Garage rod rack

Hugh Bailey

Reaction score

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I have these from ebay fitted inside my tackle cupboard door for some of my rods.

s-l1600.jpg

They're OK, but I see nicer rod racks are available now and I am very tempted. Should add, I fitted a home-made tray at the bottom of the door to keep the rods off the floor, otherwise I couldn't open the door.

nottskev

Reaction score
This is not a wall rack, but I'm finding it handy for holding made-up rods that used to be propped up against the wall a bit precariously. Not the best demo - I'll have more rods set up, for barbel and so on, when the season starts

I tried to find it on ebay again, but that particular item doesn't seem to be there now. It was a reasonable price, £21, and will hold 12 rods. Here's the pic from the old advert

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have two right angle brackets covered in pipe lagging on the wall, cheap as chips.

Keith M

Reaction score
Last edited:

Philip

Reaction score
Another very simple way is to mount foam tubing onto the wall with double sided adhesive velcro. The rods push into the slits cut in the foam. No drilling whatsoever although not very street cred.

flightliner

Reaction score
With limited space available I had to fit a rack above my garage
door- it's simple but very accommodating .

mikench

Reaction score
Cheap at half the price! Don't forget to add costs for " dislocation" ie a pita client, having to think about it on your day off etc etc.

Sadly my door is the roller type with limited space above the roller so not really on! It was no do no fee wasn't it?:rolleyes:

mickblue

Reaction score
My effort. Copied from a plastic version I saw online, possibly eBay...

IMG_20190515_200746.jpg

mikench

Reaction score
I would rather store my rods in their bag, hard case or cordura tube than strapped together just in case and to avoid dust etc!

Philip

Reaction score
Enjoyed seeing peoples creations here.

I tend to think of up in the air roof storage as longer term for rod in tubes and along wall for short term made up rods.

A line of nicely made up rods along a wall gets the fishing juices flowing :)