River Idle Roach

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

It weighed 1lb 10oz and took double caster on a 16 hook, layed on with a 17 foot rod and a lollypop float.

The biggest roach I ever caught from the Idle weighed 1lb 15 oz and was taken near a place called Mattersey, ca 1961.

F

Fred Bonney

On it's fourth anniversary I shall be after it!/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Yes and I would rather catch a 1 pound roach from the Idle than a 2 pounder from one of the circuit gravel pits!

Sorry about the shades of Walker.

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
The old memory must be going Ron.

You caught it on a stickfloat and a13ft rod. It was 1.10 though and caught on casters.

I was in your peg and you were missing bites that were nothing other than sharp dips of the float. We discussed what was probably happening and made some adjustments to your set up. This was mainly getting rid of the large dropper shot and me putting some number 10 shot on the line (Younger eyes!) The next cast you lobbed it all upstream near to the far bank. I thought 'What did he do that for' When hey presto a big Idle roach. I took the photo too!

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Wether it was caught on a stick float or a lolipop roach like that take some licking./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Nice fish Ron and a happy new year to you ,and Mike, and Fred, and Graham and all on FM.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Lollipops take some licking too .......