POACHING-help

looney tunes

Reaction score
when out on the bank does anybody know the best way to poach an egg and do you put salt or pepper on,thanx in advance

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
best way to poach an egg is to ask one of our eastern european friends. There good at poaching fish so eggs should be no problem

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
On the basis that you might well be serious(?).......I have seen well known chefs poach eggs in hot water(without a container)and it seems the secret is:

THE WATER MUST BE MOVING WHEN YOU CRACK THE EGG AND SLOWLY DROP IT INTO THE WATER

So,from what I understand;first bring the water to the boil,then stir it quickly,then drop the egg in.The revolving water has the effect of keeping the Egg White in touch withthe Yoke...............thats the theory anyway!

Apparently the egg tastes better from not having been cooked in an aluminium'boat'but I cannot vouch for this reasoning....

Of course you could be taking the p*ss-in which case ignore the above!!!/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

(please try this at home before causing carnage on the bank/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif)

Ian Whittaker

Reaction score
The water DOES NOT need to be a revolving whirlpool of boiling water!

Remember we're poaching the egg , in which case the poaching liquor should barely tremble, nice and relaxed . The poaching liquor should contain salt and a drop of vinegar and the egg should be fresh.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Well, Looney,we got some answers in the end and I'm sure the above threads are more factual than mine.......as I said I was really spelling out what I have seeen on television and carried out by the so-called experts!!What do they know??

Hope you enjoy the eggs!!!!!

looney tunes

Reaction score
i know my name is looney tune's /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gifbut i'm unsure who is taking the mickey out of who ere/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gifi have a number of post's that need answering and i am deadly serious p.s can anybody explain how to hair rig hemp seed ? do i need to wet it first to make it bigger /forum/smilies/eye_rolling_smiley.gif

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I thought you always had to wet it first to make it bigger.................................../forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

how did we get onto hemp on a hair rig....................?./forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

looney tunes

Reaction score
and you lot yhink i'm crazy ho-ho the worm has turned /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif