People Who Quote...

• Thread starter Baz (Angel of the North)
  • Start date
B

Baz (Angel of the North)

This quote relates to any species of fish. So here goes:

Everytime I pick an angling mag up or I am reading an angling book. This same quote keeps on coming up;

"I placed my hookbait perfectly. So much so that it fooled the wary Common".

Every time I read this kind of remark it leaves me more puzzled than ever. What do they mean? Surely, once the rod has been cast, and you are happy that the rig has landed to your satisfaction, then that's it. The rest is down to providence. It fooled the wary Common? No it didnt'. The Common was in the area, saw the hookbait and picked it up. It didn't fool anything, the fish wanted the bait so took it.

Or can anybody enlighten me/us on what only a chosen few seem to know?

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Perhaps it comes under the heading 'Poetic Licence' Baz..........but I know what you mean....we think we know how the fish think or where they might lie,but if we really knew we'd catch a recordevery week.........wouldn't we??

Perhaps it's why we put people in glass cases-we assume they know more than us!!

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Excellent answer mate.

I love all this cock stroking that goes on in the angling world.

F

Frothey

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Baz (Angel of the North) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I love all this cock stroking that goes on in the angling world. </blockquote>

is that why you spend all your time in the bushes watching people?

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

And have you noticed how certain self appointed know it alls, allways put themselves higher than anybody else? they go on a new water , and in no time at all, they think they are top rod.

Sorry Frothey, I think the term used should be cock waving.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Clarky.

I know it's Christmas, good will to all men and that. But if you want to prat about, would you please go and do it somewhere else?

F

Frothey

christ, they must be built like horses up your way Baz, i tried to wave it about about today but it's so cold it shrank back into its hole.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Well I just proved a point Dave.

I changed my bait and had a re-cast. But the Clarky fish wouldn't bite. And I know the presentation was good.

F

Frothey

not perfect though..... landed just off the 2" square feeding spot at 157yds

Reaction score
I always present my tackle perfectly (titter ye not Mrs.!!)

It's just the carp are so f...ing common round here that they wouldn't know quality if it comes up and knees them in the groin ...come on Baz you know the sort of ruff we can get in North Western waters. /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif