Any fishing info North Somerset

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Staying in Watchet about 5 miles from Minehead and nearest town Bridgewater. I won't have a car although I might be able to cadge a lift but bus or train the most likely event.
Lake or river, river for another time, day ticket or free, not carp but mixed OK. No long walks and not up-hill; near bus or train stop ideal.
Also sea, I have fished here before, Watchet Harbour and Blue Anchor Bay but any other knowledge of any good marks or these ones would be great. Not big distance beach casting, preferably float fishing for Mackeral, Bass or Mullet or light casting, carp rod-2oz weight sort of thing.
Maybe too many conditions but just thought I would ask, you never know. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Stalker

Reaction score
I can't help with sea I'm afraid, but you could do a lot worse than getting a Bridgwater AA ticket. Plenty of water to choose from - Bridgwater Angling Association and most places are on or near a bus route.

There are LOADS of day ticket lakes around the area, but a lot of them are off the beaten track a little bit, so may not be easy to get to on public transport.