Winter Fishing

Richard Hutt

Reaction score
Hi guys, just wondered if anyone knew of any lakes around the coventry, warwickshire, wolvey, shilton areas that fished fairly well considering the time of year? Thanks. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

S

Shrek

The lake complex that used to be called Makins Fishery, near Wolvey, normally fishes well during the winter. You could also try Coombe Fishery, next door to Coombe Abbey just outside of Cov.

Near to Rugby there's Clifton Lakes, again a series of lakes that fishes fairly well during winter.

Other than those, I can't remember any others.

http://www.fisheries.co.uk/ might be able to point out some others for you though

Richard Hutt

Reaction score
Shrek, just been on another forum and found out that the member of cliftons a bit of an idiot with his pricing and just all round attitude it seems, just down the road there is a small place called spring pools, do you know anything about this venue? if so whats the easiest way to get to it from brinklow? No worries if you're not too sure. Regards.

brummie

Reaction score
Oakham Farm its near to Wellesbourne. I dont think I,ve ever blanked there. Its my banker, where I go when I.ve been having a run of hard uns. They are pools not lakes but Ive always been able to get in even in the middle of summer. If you have Satnav the post code is CV35 9HY

Packington Sommers is an other place to try. It is a large complex but they will give you advise in the lodge as to wheres fishing and what method /bait is best. The post code is CV7 7PL

all the best Ian

Richard Hutt

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Also has anyone fished on the Walworth Lake which is part of Bishops Bowl Lakes in Bishop's Itchington this time of year? I've read about the fishery and it sounds like theres some good fish in there, just wondered if anyone knew more.

Cheers guys.

Mark Lewis 7

Reaction score
has anyone fished Bishops Bowl recently ive just tried ringing as we are fishing there on Sunday but the number has been changed and its not listed