wimp or what ?

brummie

Reaction score
I was supposed to go out on the Avon today. Give Evesham town waters a go. Easily accessible and armchair pegs.

The alarm went off ,I got up ,looked out of the window and couldn't see the other side of the road and my car looked more like an iceberg than a car. Muttered something like, Oh dear that nasty freezing fog !!! and dived back into bed.

Am I a wimp or what?

brummie

Reaction score
I left the bait in the fridge its probably warmer in there

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Doesn't look as if it's going to get any better in the next week, and I was thinking of getting out again at the weekend /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

Maybe a nice brisk walk with the spinning rod is in order /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

brummie

Reaction score
It wasn,t the cold that put me off, I,ve got enough thermals, rather the freezing fog. There,s enough prats on the road so I didn.t see the need to add another. /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

It's been v cold but the fish have been feeding well. Yesterdaywith the temperature down to -3C,with the line frequently freezing in the rod rings had chub of 5-4, 5-10 and 6-0 plus Roach of 1-6 and 1-8. All the fish were on small pieces of flake fished on light gear with liquidised bread in a 20g cage feeder.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Ah! but your suit would protect you from atomic radiation let alone a freezing temperature Andy! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

I do envy anglers like Andy who can get out on days such as these we are experiencing now and there was a time when I too loved my winter fishing but I'm afraid it isn't just getting cold that stops me, it is the fact that the doc's have warned me that exposing myself to too much cold could kill me and I would be a fool to ignore stark warnings like that.

You wouldn't have caught anyway Brummie, you know the Avon is crap when its clear and cold so just put it down to local knowledge eh!/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif