Well I'll be jiggered

mikench

Reaction score
It might be the beer but i cannot fathom what these are and how they work or would work on a normal float rod.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
It might be the beer but i cannot fathom what these are and how they work or would work on a normal float rod.

Oh Good a fellow drinker - Cheers ! (HIC)

2 float stops a free running line through what is essentially a bobbin

you raise the pole up and down allowing the bait to rise up and down i.e. to be "jigged"

John Keane

Reaction score
It’s a pole method and one of the latest fads in catching 1000lb of carp out of a washing up bowl!!

bennygesserit

Reaction score
It’s a pole method and one of the latest fads in catching 1000lb of carp out of a washing up bowl!!

Where Where !

Might be good for Perch up against the reeds though on a canal ? - What do you think John ?

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Dunno Benny, what’s a canal?

Its a popular phrase these days

like the word literally its overused ( especially in the modern London based Patois )

As in "canal is he talking about ?"

Or "canal what a douche bag"

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Last year a club member used one with a tare on the hook whilst feeding hemp. He caught a shed load of clonking roach. It's basically a lift and drop method on a short pole rig...
2 float stops with the float in between. Drop the rig in with the float resting on the bottom stop then lower the pole slowly until the float hits the top stop then repeat.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Last year a club member used one with a tare on the hook whilst feeding hemp. He caught a shed load of clonking roach. It's basically a lift and drop method on a short pole rig...
2 float stops with the float in between. Drop the rig in with the float resting on the bottom stop then lower the pole slowly until the float hits the top stop then repeat.

I am tempted to try it at dusk on the canal fishing a worm , worth a go do you think ? I could just free line it though