MKAA book

Lee Hooker

Reaction score
Happy New Year to all! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Myself and a friend have a MKAA Book, any recomendations on trotting usinga center pin for roach and chub on the Tove, Ouzel or Ouse?

Looking to have a go shortly, although a 3hr round trip, any help appreciated?

Many thanks

Lee

Lee Hooker

Reaction score
Morning Richard!

Prefer a river cheers/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
I noticed that this request for information has gone unanswered.

Surely we must have some members with a MKAA book who will be be able to pass on some valuable information and help. As Lee said they are looking at a 3hr round trip.

COME ON FM, lets uphold our proud reputation of helping out folk who put in very reasonable requests for help.

F

Fred Bonney

WellI can tell you Lee, that 6 years ago I fished the Tove & the Ouse,trotting for roach and there is no special tips I can give, as I trotted both the same wayI trot any other river!

The Tove is a lovely little river with some surprises,well worth a wander.Light ledgering with flake & cheese produced some good fish.

Because I used to live100yds up the road from the Tove, I used to trot just a little upstream from the road bridge,using maggots, hempseedand casters.

Not certain I would drive for 3 hours there and back just to trot the rivers though, there must be nearer to home venues.

Lee Hooker

Reaction score
Thanks Guys, always like to try different river venues if I can as spent too long on the gravel pits and some of theMKAA venues do hold barbel. Although as a kid spent most of my time on the little Ouse and only now getting back into my River fishing and loving it.

Glad we made the trip in the end we arrived at the Tove for dawn and -6 degrees. After 2-3 hours and no chubby bites we decided to head out and have a look at Stoney Park, decided against there and headed for Ravenstone. (Lovely strecth of River downstream of the house.)

Managed 3 Chub to just shy of 4lb and my friend had 1 just over 3lb. feeding a few swims (Eddy's) with maggots to return with bread flake for the bites.

Richard all the best on the Thet, gonna try a stetch of the Wensum on my next Chubby visit.

Cheers

Lee