Bivvy help- cypry

Daniel Harris 2

Reaction score
im after a bivvy for around 100 (less if possible)

i would like it big enough for 1 fisherman and a guest and so i can keep my things in it, and attached groundsheet

i was looking at the 2 man cypry but im unsure if i gcould errct it if i decided to go fishng on my own. and ideas on this would help, also any other suggestions and where 2 get it from would also be appreciated

thanks

N

Nobby C (ACA)

Try googling it for retailers. I would have thought most if not all 2 man bivvies can be ercted by an individual, however if 2 of you are using it get your pal to help.Pramhoods are the easiest designs but £100? Only secondhandI should imagine.

GOOGLE is your friend.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Daniel the Cypry is basically a two man tent at over inflated gullible fisherman price.
You can pick a cheap dome up for less than thirty quid,save your money fella would be my advice.

Ian Whittaker

Reaction score
daniel, have a look at the chub cyfish 2 man . Easier to put up , more options and more versatile.It'sa bit more money but if you look hard you should be able to get a good deal.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
I have a cypry two man and it is spacious. It is ideal if you are on a budget. It can be a bit hard to put up on your own if its windy. It takes a good 10 - 15 mins on your own but if your staying at a venue for more than 24 hours then its time well spent. It has a built in groundsheet. Overall its a decent bivvy with lots of space for the money. Go for it, you wont regret it.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Trev dont you think it is just a two man tent? my mate has had one years (so thats good) but we just reckon it is a dome tent in green,and at the best part of 100 pound on the site Stephen reccomends a tad steep to say the least.
Daniel if your heart is set on the Cypry style it may be worth a look at Winfields website they have a Suncamp bivvy looks very similar to the Cypry but it is just over fifty pound ,have a look before you shell out.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Its just as much a tent as any bivvy you see on the banks. All a bivvie is , is a green twin skin tent with a big doorway.

It has a built in groundsheet, it is twin skin, it has a big doorway and mosi panels and windows and a porch bit.

My kids three man camping tent has less features than that.

Ive had mine for years too so they last for ages if you look after them.

John Wood 2

Reaction score
if the Cypry is the standard your looking at then go to millets and spend £30 on a tent. It just won't be the same colour but will do just as good a job!

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
and your bivvy of choice is ? John you pay your money you takes your choice. Do you know any other bivvies for less than £100, which was the original question.

John Wood 2

Reaction score
I wasn't suggesting I'd buy one (I have a Trakker bivvy) - I was suggesting the shakespeare quality might be the same as a budget tent from Millets and that he could get the same quality (as in not so good) for a lot less.