CALLING ALL WYE ANGLERS (HEREFORD AREA)

marie marling

Reaction score
HAS ANY BODY ELSE HAD YOUR SUMMER FISHING RUINED BY INCONSIDERATE CANOEISTS. I DO REALISE THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO ENJOY THEIR SPORT, BUT DO THEY HAVE TO MAKE SO MUCH NOISE WHEN THEY GO PAST YOU. I WOULDN'T MIND SO MUCH IF THEY WENT PAST ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BANK TO WHERE I AM.

marie marling

Reaction score
JUST HAD CLUB NEWS LETTER. NOTHING IN IT ABOUT CANOES, DO THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO ROAM?PROPERLY OR JUST AS A TEST CASE.

DZ

Reaction score
Marie -

Dont let it bother you.

There are so many canoes in the summer that the fish soon get used to them.

Having canoed the Wye myself; Its amazing how well an angler can hide him/herself until last minute you see the lines- before its too late.

Live and let live.

In the past I have sweet talked them into baiting swims for me- that can be a huge advantage.

The bad one

Reaction score
Marie

They do have access rights on the Wye unfortunately!

More latter

Dougal don't you work for the EA in some sort of access development role?

live and let live huuuuuum!

marie marling

Reaction score
IT'S HARD TO IGNORE THEM WHEN THEY DELIBERATLY BANG THE SIDE OF THEIR CANOE IF YOU ASK THEM TO GO PAST ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE RIVER. ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS THE FISHING HAS DIED OFF COMPLETELY AFTER THEY PASS/forum/smilies/baring_teeth_smiley.gifCOSTING ME A FORTUNE IN BAIT BECAUSE I AM NOT A LIGHT FEEDER.

marie marling

Reaction score
GOT SMALL CHILDREN HUNTSHAM SO HAVE TO GO WHILE THEY ARE AT SCHOOL.OR IF I AM LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET A BABYSITTER.A LOT OF THE PEGS ON THE WYE ARE TOO DANGEROUS TO TAKE KIDS ALONG WITH YOU. ESSPESIALY IF IT RAINS.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Live and let live with the paddlers?

NEVER!

Reaction score
There is nothing you can do about it . If the fish see them everyday they must get use to them . there are two things you can do ride above it and dont let it bother you or fish a diffrent part off the river or evan a diffrent river ?

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Yes Marie I do.

Brendan mate, the point is that on certain rivers we as anglers pay for our fishing rights. The paddlers want it for nothing. Do we stand by and let them do as they please on stretches of river that we pay for? I should hope not.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Marie, can you take your cap locks off please mate, you're shouting and giving me a headache! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Fished the Wye a few times recently and they are a pain in the Ar*e, but I was opposite the rowing club so I had to expect it.................

p.s. Welcome to FM.

marie marling

Reaction score
THEY USE THE HOLE STRECH YOU CANT GET AWAY FROM THEM AND NOT SURE BUT I WAS TOLD THEY DO IT ON THE LUGG AS WELL I BET IF YOU WENT ON THE CLUB POOL THEY WOULD BE ON THERE ASWELL IM NOT ON ABOUT ONE OR TWO CANNOEISTS AN HOUR YOU GET GROUPS OF UPTO 20 AT A TIME AND THEN ABOUT AN HOUR LATER THEY COME BACK DOWN IN DRIBS AND DRABS IT WAS BAD ENOUGH WITH THE DOG WALKERS

marie marling

Reaction score
/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gifjust for u took the caps lock off. But if u don't have a rant nobody pays any attention to u.

Reaction score
Baz you know as well as me not everyone will stand togather ? A few people moaning about this will just fall on deaf ears ? Yes if all the anglers got togather they might be able to do something ? But lets be honest it just wont happen ? i.e. the match angler doesnt like the carp angler because he belives he puts to much bait in ? I am not saying every matchman doesnt get on with every carper its just the first two that come into my head or put it another way A fisherman who only ever fishs lake wont bother about someone who fishs rivers
One angler going to a town hall to try and change things will not be noticed but wot would happen if say 2 or 3 angling clubs went to the same meeting ? untill then you will just have to put up with it ?

marie marling

Reaction score
When do you think they will bring out a cannoe licence/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

W

will spencer

give them a volley of pellets or maggots,and say you were trying to feed your swim

Specihunter

Reaction score
Who knowsMarie . Does anyone know what happened to the bloke who got charged with illegal canoeing ?<blockquote class=quoteheader>marie marling wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gifjust for u took the caps lock off. But if u don't have a rant nobody pays any attention to u.</blockquote>

True but on here there's no need for caps lock on /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

marie marling

Reaction score
I'm new to the computer and the Internet. only started using it on Xmas eve and am now hooked. moving on i have been told if you get a petition with 1000 signatures they have to pay attention to it. is this true.