Angling Coaching-Essex

Reaction score
Hi
Angling Coaching Initiative was set up to teach new and existing Junior anglers how to fish, & we’re the only voluntary club in Essex that does that. I get great support from 3 local clubs for use of their waters but I don’t have enough anglers to coach, as you need a 2 to 1 ration of prospective anglers to coaches to start with. That means I regularly have to turn kids away. Can anyone Essex based give me even a few days a year to help teach juniors please?
Go to Angling Coaching Initiative - Coaching - Maldon, England to see what we’re about, both Sport England and the Angling Trust funded the tackle we need, clubs KDAA, MAS & BBAC give the waters, we just need more volunteers to teach! Youngsters spend on average 34 hours a week on electronic devices, & there’s a huge reluctance by parents to let them out into the uncontrolled environment of fishing unless we provide a secure setting. EA Licence sales reflect all of this, numbers are way down particularly for juniors, they won’t learn to fish unless we create the opportunity!
Please comment here or email me on aci.info@anglingcoachinginitiative.co.uk if you’d like to help.