Greys prodigy barbel rod, quiver tips.

seth49

Reaction score
I have two of the above, used one with the tip carrier and three ounce glass tip yesterday, I noticed the tip was a bit of a loose fit as I used it.
So I had a look at the other rod just now, and found that there different, only I set of tips fit one of the carriers properly, and I had the wrong ones with each rod.

Is this normal, as the two rods seem identical, both one and a half pound test curve, with an Avon top and tip carrier with three tips, in two and three ounce glass, and a four ounce carbon.
Any thoughts.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a pair of the same rods and after reading your post went and checked mine . . . . the three and four ounce tips fit each rod perfecty but the two ounce tip fits a little poorly in one of the pair . . . I've never noticed this in the past but then I rarely use the lighter tip.

Generally I do like Grey's rods and my 1¾lbs T/C Carp rods are X-flites and those served me well for a good few years.

terry m

Reaction score
I also have a pair of these rods, however I rarely use the quiver top section. I will check the fit over the weekend.

Aside from that I agree that Greys rods are generally superior to many makes, their finish, action and general feel suits my taste.