Yippee

R

Ron Clay

Thank goodness I got my ancient Citroen Deisel AX through the dreaded MOT yesturday and all for ?75.00 including service.

I can hardly believe it. Another years fishing at 70 to the gallon.

The reason I keep this car is you can't buy others quite like it any more. After 267,000 miles the motor is still sweet.

P

Paul Williams

Just keep getting yourself through the MOT Ron.....you owe me a beer, and if you didn't you do now!

R

Ron Clay

I'm going personally for an MOT when I get back from my Irish holiday. I guess I will need new filters on my Guinness stream after that.

C

Chris Bishop

Looking at how fuel prices are tipped to rise over the next few weeks, it's a sound investment Ron. Wish I got 70 to the gallon out of mine, there again it does have creature comforts even if it does smell of fish....

R

Ron Clay

The car is a 1990 Citroen AX diesel with a 1.4 engine. When the car was released it was advertised as the most economical vehicle on 4 wheels in the world.

By driving at no more that 60 mph and being very careful, I have managed to achieve incredible economy.

On a full tank I have often gone on a two week fishing holiday entailing 100 odd miles there and back plus all the shunting around that is entailed and used less than 1/2 a tank of diesel.

G

Gary Knowles

Bloody hell ron, I wouldn't like to be stuck behind you on a country lane when I'm desperate to get to a bream water on a Friday night !!!!

R

Ron Clay

You've got a fat wallet Barney.

Have you ever driven in the States? In no short time you would be locked up. And by the way, I thought that the speed limit on single carriageways in England is 60 mph unless otherwise stated.

And you wouldn't dare to go more than 1km/h over the speed limit in some parts of Africa. Botswana jails are not very pleasant.

G

Gary Knowles

Speed limits ?......you'll be saying I've got to keep within rod limits and club rules next Ron !

C

Cakey

Ive got a 3litre petrol guzzling car,21 miles to the gallon, Im doing my bit for the economy,still at 145 miles per hour who gives a ......................

K

Keith Miller

When do you leave for Ireland, Ron?
Do you still require info about Ballinamore area?

R

Ron Clay

No I'm not talking kilometres I'm talking good old fashioned imperial units.

By the way, another reason I am loath to get rid of that car is due to the fact that I took Peter Stone twice on a fishing trip in it.

I've even has Des Taylor in it.

R

Ron Clay

Keith, I leave for Ireland on Tuesday 7 th May.

If you have any info on Ballinamore I would be grateful.

Cheers.

P

pons

How the Hell,did you fit Big Des in that ,Ron? I have a BX Diesal estate,and it goes everywhere,including across the fields,particuly in the high position.

I once went fishing with Stef Horak,in a nova ,and with aLL our kit,it was like a noddy car,I soon got rid of it,and it did not like going on motorways.
Chris Ponsford.

K

Keith Miller

Sending message to you privately. Hope you get it in time.