funny fishing moment

quorky

Reaction score
no it new year let have some fun wot your funnest fishing moment

mines me mate climbing over a pig pen to get round lake.his trousers ripped under the crutch and his jean got caught on a nail in the post .followed by a screem ever 30 seconds the fence wos eletric took me about 5mins to stop laughing before getting him off

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Listening to a mate telling me how much tastier his meal was going to be above my measly bowl of stew, as he lovingly prodded his meal which he was cooking on a coleman stove. Seconds later he accidentally knocked his own pan with his foot, and sent the lot pouring all over the floor.

nik saunders

Reaction score
it was when i was a kid ,fishing the river medway with my dad, we were using maggots which were kept in a little round bait box, now as we were on a steep bank i just chucked the round bait box on the floor and yes you guessed it it rolled towards the river and i followed and could not stop as i got to the edge of the bank,waist high in water and the maggot box just floated past me , never forget what my dad said "well you might as well get it now ya plonker, great days fishing with the oldman/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

slime monster

Reaction score
Fishing an open on the cut at rugeley a tame magpie landed on my pole the shock of which left my rig entangled in the bush it was under, the next guy to me laughed his bo##ocks off until it landed on his cap..............i fell off my box.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Mine has got to be when me and my bessy mucker Ian went pike fishin down the old arm of the local canal. It was in the 70s when those thick furry bomber jackets with box pockets were in fashion, anyway we decided that the other side of the arm was a better bet for a nice big pike but as there was no where to cross and it was too wide to jump we walked back towards the canal looking for a narrow or shallow bit to get across. We found a bit that looked suitable but it was just too wide for us to attempt a jump and eventually after discussing ways of getting across Ian decided that we could pole vault across just like he'd seen on the TV. The longest pole we had was his telescopic landing net handle and as it was his, he was going to go first. He extended the pole and prodded the bottom of the arm until he found a 'solid' area; then with a mighty leap he launched himself forwards and all went well until he came vertical with the handle and he sunk slowly and majestically into the muddy water up to his chest. Poor lad nearly died as well cos I couldnt do anything for laughing and the weight of his water logged jacket made it really hard to pull him out. We squelched home laughing our heads off. Defo a Kodak moment if ever there was one.

Carpless

Reaction score
When my fishing buddy spent quite a while teasing me about my new kettle and OCDesque organisation on the bank. He then went to climb a tree to get a better look into the water and on his return to earth accidentally landed flatout on the freshly boiled kettle. I lost a kettle but I didn't half laugh...

sonny miles-currey

Reaction score
I was fishing a little club pond near blackpool late one nyt /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

sum strange reason i decided to hav a little swim in the pond wen i jumped in i landed on a derelict peg under the water and one of the legs went straight into my arse /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gifended up wiv blood all over and my 2 mates cudnt stop laffin at me.I cudnt sit down for rest of the weekend /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

newangler

Reaction score
Mine is having an afternoon on the lake with some new groundbait I was sure would work. Blanked for 4 hours then went to the loo leaving the wife in charge of the rod. Coming back 5 minutes later to find her shouting across the lake she'd caught one. The only fish of the day and I'm still living it down at home.

sussex river man

Reaction score
Mine would have to be when i was fishing with my uncle, we were on a 48 hour session and the fish were proving to be rather elusive, when all of a sudden at about 3 in the morning my uncle shouted for me to help him with the net as he thought he had something 'big' on.:eek:
I stood there for about 10 mins with him and said how it felt and he said 'very heavy and that it was staying on the bottom' oh good i thought. so another 10 mins went by and i thought that something wasn't right as we still hadn't managed to get said fish anywhere near the net! get it some wellie i said to my uncle, and he started putting more effort into getting this beast landed... the whole time this was going on my uncle was staying that it was the best 'fight' that he had ever had and that he had a feeling that it will be a new pb! Then as i lowered the net i noticed a bit of tree root, go easy i sad 'your snagged'.
Well it turned out that my uncle had caught a tree stump!!! as you can imagine me and my dad found this highly amusing and we still take the **** out of him to this day! lol :D:D:D :eek:mg:

benny samways

Reaction score
Quite a few but a good one was when my old mate Derek decided to do a bit of swim clearence that invloved sawing off a tree branch,

The fool gets up the tree, saddles himself over the branch (back to the river, facing the tree) and proceeds to saw the branch that he is sitting on!

Cue cartoon style fall out of the tree hitting nearly every branch on the way down with a gracious belly flop into the river underneath.

We still call it Dereks tree even though he emmigrated back up North yonks ago.