Using tackle in slightly unusual situations

mikench

Reaction score
I think I have virtually every type of tackle and tend to use them ,if at all, as intended. I do not have a rod pod and don't want one. I do have a twin head rest bar on a bankstick with a feeder head and a buzzer attached. When feeder fishing I use the former, particularly if I'm not using a baitrunner but sometimes it isn't possible to have my rod at an angle to the line to bend the tip.

With my eyesight I sometimes have difficulty in seeing the line or tip moving in a perpendicular direction so I use the buzzer with just enough slack line to make a few chirrups and wake me up.

It works for me . When I know I will be fishing at distance and straight ahead I will use a baitrunner.

I quite like a slack line and watching it slowly becoming taut. The beeps of a buzzer aids that approach.

steve2

Reaction score
Many years ago my son was flying his kite when he let go of it and it got caught up in a tree. I went home got a rod and reel and a ledger weight cast into the tree and recovered the kite.
I think that was using tackle in a slightly unusual situation.

John Keane

Reaction score
I have a pod, Prologic Spider with two tiny Wychwood alarms, that is great for my club lake where pegs are gravelled and the path behind is rock hard. It’s set up in around a minute and suits my lazy style of old-age onset angling as I can drift off for a kip in the chair on a summer afternoon and not have to worry about my rod getting pulled in.