The death of a lake

Reaction score
Ive just found out that a local lake to myself is getting filled in!! fish and all, the lake in question is retallick lake just outside wadebridge in cornwall.

ive only been fishin it on and offover the past 8 years but some of the fish in there are over 30 yrs old there all great fish that give a crackin fight and look super.

They say that the whole plot has been brought up to build a surf complex!!!

Newquay is only a stones throw away, were so close to the sea you could spit in any drection and you would hit water..

cornwall has only a handfull of lakes so why destoy another one,all to be flattened aug bank hoilday..

R.I.P.

Reaction score
Solar, get straight onto this organisation for help and advise mate;

www.anglingtrust.net

The very least that should happen is the fish are removed safely and relocated elsewhere, now do asI urge or come on here with more info and I will contact them for you!

Carpless

Reaction score
No I mean was it a private owner or part of an organisation e.g. SW Lakes Trust. I wonder because the money must have been good enough for a private owner to sell. If i had my own little haven then it would take enough money to find a new haven, transport the fish there and have enough left over for a mansion and a supercar to get me to move.

Reaction score
I can,t believe the fish are just going to be filled over there is pike as well as carp surely the fish can be netted and moved i live in north kernow and with the events that happen at whiteacres this year it does not give a good impression

Rickrod

Reaction score
This is sad news . and to think this water once did a 5 pound perch

Rickrod

Reaction score
A surf complex ..like its needed around there

Rickrod

Reaction score
I know mate i live in cornwall too

slime monster

Reaction score
RE wild west the venue i fished some time back had a canal and a spessy lake me and my mate were the only ones fishing the canal ,i must say on the day it was rock hard fishing .....we only caught gudgeon but it did look good. if that is the place that you are talking about its a shame.

Donald Bain

Reaction score
It is against the Animal Welfare Act to do this, notify the RSPCA, they ahve the power to prevent this happening until the fish are reoved. They will usually do this in liason with the EA.

If the Developers do fill it in without removing the fish, take photos of the incident and they can be prosecuted.

Need further advice, contact me.

Donald Bain

Reaction score
Just had another thought, do newts, frogs or toads breed there? If so these are all protected species and you should contact English Nature. I know someone who did this and got a £250,000 fine!