Storing made-up whips on the bank

bullmoose_jackson

Reaction score
A quick question -

If I am fishing a river with three whips (say 5m, 6m and 7m), what is the best way of storing them on the bank with the rig attached so that I can switch between them easily?

Is there a version of a hook keeper ring that I can use to keep things neat and tidy? I bought some Drennan Hookups, but these are more suited to a top kit and are too small to fit over the butt section of a whip, where the hook needs to be retained.

Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
When I fished a lot of matches on the whips I'd have different lengths set up on a pole roost on my seat box supported at the far end by a tripod (from a spare pole roller) fitted with a another roost.

Sensas used to market large diameter Hook-ups but I found that an elastic band doubled over a few times worked perfectly well.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have the very thing, only trouble is, I can’t remember where they came from:eek:mg: I have a vague memory they were a gift from Laguna (a member on FM) but there’s nothing on his website, someone might recognise them. As Peter has said, elastic bands or even power gum do the job but that’s not so nifty as these little gems!

john step

Reaction score
I have the very thing, only trouble is, I can’t remember where they came from:eek:mg: I have a vague memory they were a gift from Laguna (a member on FM) but there’s nothing on his website, someone might recognise them. As Peter has said, elastic bands or even power gum do the job but that’s not so nifty as these little gems!

They appear to be identical in all respects except the colour to the twist ties my wife buys at the garden centre for her plants.
The garden centre ones are green.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I manage to "borrow" my grandaughters loom bands for hook ups, As for storage on the bank either pole roost attatchment on seat box, or more recently i bought a preston innovations "ducks foot" style rod holder that will attach to seat box leg, £20. It takes 3 rods/whips/topkits and can be angle adjusted.?

Richox12

Reaction score
A quick question -

I bought some Drennan Hookups, but these are more suited to a top kit and are too small to fit over the butt section of a whip, where the hook needs to be retained.

Thanks.

Really ? Too small ? I fish 8m to hand and I use these. They come in a mixed pack of different sizes and the big ones are easily big enough