Fishing in Africa

Piers Hugh Smith

Reaction score
Hi

just been to africa and the fishing was immense. I spent 10 days on the coast just above tanzania and even thoughit was one of the best deep sea fishing in kenya i didn't go /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif. Anyway I caught Trevally- absolutely wonderful fish to eat and catch. Caught it off a pier and they were 2-3lbs alsowhite snapper caught with squidandred snapper caught trolling I even caught a squid on the fly. Then is spent 4 days inland and caught tlarpia and a10lb catfish from a pool no bigger than 6 metres squared. Absolutely wonderful. Also saw lots of animals on horseback safari.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Africa is one of the world's greatest fishing continents.

I spent 27 years there.

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Julian Pardoe

Reaction score
Caught Trevally fly fishing in the Seychelles....I think this should count as Africa... What fighters! Wanted to try for Milkfish as was told they were very, very difficult to bring to your fly, but the weather was too rough and we never got round to it.

The scary one, though, was fly fishing on the Zambezi river,below Tongabezi and just above the Victoria Falls in Zambia; standing up in a canoe; <u>out</u> in the river; casting into the bank with crocs &grunting hippos about. Non fishing, but ever loyal,wife sitting in the bottom of the canoe was not a happy bunny!

Love Africa, but it can be an 'adrenalin rush'. What about a few fishing stories from readers that put the 'frighteners' on them?