inland sea anglers

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
I know this might sound like a bone question but is there anyone living in the midlands who fishes from the beach ? I have a sudden urge to go sea fishing again but the last time I went was in Belgium and Holland over 7 years ago. Anyone going soon and would like to share petrol then giz a shout. I have some sea kit and im sure I could replicate some semi decent rigs in a matter of minutes.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Hello trev matey,
i think we touched on this at the catfish social??? Although fishing from boats,piers and beaches aint really my thing,i wouldn`t mind a bit of rock hopping aka Henry Gilbey style.Spinning/lure fishing for pollack,mackerel and wrasse.I`m sure me good friend yoggy would love a go as well???
I aint got any sea kit and i don`t know if normal lure tackle can be used or adapted??? i do have a heavy jerkbait rod and multiplier reel.
Obviously a venue with a b&b or nearby campsite even would be needed.This might be worth planning for summer next year???
Thoughts please......

Bluenose

Reaction score
For camping, consider Shell Island, West Wales.

It might be a fair hike but you've got some decent bass beaches on the site, mullet fishing also, and several other marks along the coast, including rocks.

There is even coarse fishing and game fishing close by and boat fishing out of Barmouth.

Colin North the one and only

Reaction score
I know this might sound like a bone question but is there anyone living in the midlands who fishes from the beach ? I have a sudden urge to go sea fishing again but the last time I went was in Belgium and Holland over 7 years ago. Anyone going soon and would like to share petrol then giz a shout. I have some sea kit and im sure I could replicate some semi decent rigs in a matter of minutes.

Hey, Trev,

Sue and I fished at Deal on Saturday night. One black Bream, a handfull of doggies, a few pout and some mackerel caught before it got dark. Pretty slow fishing really.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Just to take this thread forward a bit.....
i am gathering thoughts and as much info as possible about a possible sea/rock hopping lure social,for summertime next year.
Bass,pollack,wrasse and mackerel being the target species.
As soon as i`m happy that a venue that ticks all the boxes has been found etc.... i will post something on the events forum etc.....

Frothey

Reaction score
croyde bay - bass, rays, tope, wrasse all within a mile or so. bottom fishing or plugging. has a good campsite with excellent facilities and at least 5 pubs within staggering distance. carp or pike gear will suffice, or even trout gear (apart from the tope.... mind you i reckon a no.10 trout rod would be fun!)

plus, if the weathers right, plenty of eye candy too.......