Draycote Reservoir

S

Shrek

There's a rumour on some forums that Draycote is going to be "Boat Only" this coming season, so as to make is safer for the general public that like to walk round the reservoir.

Has anyone heard anything to confirm this?

Foremark Reservoir has had it's bank fishing cut to 2000 metres only, not the whole reservoir as previously was, to again make it "safer" for the general public.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

No doubt the over paid, overzealous Health & Safety officers of the Brown regime have had a hand in this, as they are currently making noises at my local res.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
if it is for a H&S reason then its probably because the owners are afraid of being taken to court by a dog walker who has paid nothing to walk round getting hooked up by a fly fisherman on the back swing.

if the anglers are in boats then they cant hook anyone but themselves.

Just a thought.......

Colin Brett

Reaction score
trev (100M bronze) wrote (see)<blockquote class=quote>

if it is for a H&S reason then its probably because the owners are afraid of being taken to court by a dog walker who has paid nothing to walk round getting hooked up by a fly fisherman on the back swing.

if the anglers are in boats then they cant hook anyone but themselves.

Just a thought.......</blockquote>

Probably a correct thought!!

I just hope Anglian Water don't pick up on it./forum/smilies/baring_teeth_smiley.gif

I've had a few run ins with "Joe" public on the Dam at Grafham. They shouldn't be there and there's a sign telling <u>them</u> to "Beware of Anglers casting" Makes no difference it's always the angler that suffers in the long term.