Fosters of Birmingham - brilliant!

John Wood 2

Reaction score
I popped into Fosters a couple of days ago and bought one of the new Shimano Barbel Concept rods. What a fantasticshop! The staff were extremely helpful and I was given a cup of coffee whilst I looked round, which has never happened to me before.

All too often I go into shops and ask what I think are important questions to be looked at like an idiot, as though I should already know the answer.

I ended up staying for almost an hour and spent far more than I should have, but then I'd much sooner spend my money on a shop that gives such a fantastic service as opposed to staff who are rude and unhelpful. I'll definitely be going back!

Thanks Fosters! I cant't remember his name but the guy with the black eye did a great job - thansk again.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
John,

I used Foster's for years when I lived in Scandinavia, they have always given great service, friendly service, and most helpful even if you weren't buying on the day.

If they were closer to my home then I'd use only Foster's; and that is an open and honest opinion.

John Wood 2

Reaction score
Just as well it was so good really as I had driven 3 hours to get there!! Mind you, I actually popped in on the way past as I was traveling along the M6.

Day Breamer

Reaction score
I live less than 5 miles away from Fosters, i go there alot, i know quite a few of the staff, and yes, they are truly excellent people who really genuinely want to help.

The store they have is massive, i remember when they used to just have a smallish shop in Birmingham (Kingstanding i think it was) and the England international Mark Downes used to frequent it alot... this was donkeys years ago,late 80's-early90'sprobably.

Must have been before '93 as by coincidence i fished in a Birmingham parks festival in literally the very next peg to Mark Downes, he crushed me and won the section by a mile, that boy can fish, also he must have had at least 50 people all standing behind him watching him, i was fishing no more than 20 feet away and no-one even nothiced i was there /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Anyway, Fosters geta thumbs up from me, whilst Mark gets one thumb Downes /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
do you think the guy with the black eye might not have been as helpful to a previous customer ?/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

John I echo your sentiments, I went in there a few weeks before crimbo and they were very helpful indeed. Makes a change doesnt it.