Daiwa Amorphous Tournamnet Match 13s(ATM13S)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As a few know by now I’m looking for a specific rod for a specific purpose, catching small roach and dace on a small slow flowing river. I have had an offer to buy a Daiwa Amorphous Tournamnet Match 13s(ATM13S), this particular rod has a two inch screw in butt extension.

Anyone (Tiigger maybe) have knowledge of this rod?

mikench

Reaction score
Sorry John but I cannot help having no knowledge of this rod. I doubt it will be as light in action as you seek and thus comparable to the rods previously discussed.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sorry John but I cannot help having no knowledge of this rod. I doubt it will be as light in action as you seek and thus comparable to the rods previously discussed.

You may well right mate but as it’s available when others aren’t I need to consider it. I’d take a punt on a rod costing £60 to £80 but when you start getting asked £150 ish I need as much due diligence as possible.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I used to have the daiwa Tommy Pickerring amorphous tournament stickfloat supreme and it was a lovely rod. It had the cork armlock and the unscrewable/removeable section on the end of the handle. My main bug bear was the actual tournament reel holder, reason being the top screw down section revolves round and across the reel foot as it tightens and it removed paint off painted reel feet and also scratched plain alloy/metal feet.
Because of this I sold it. I think I accepted 250 for it on ebay a few years ago. As Peter says the tournament rods are daiwas top totty and the old amorphous rods do still command high prices. Ther were a few amorphous rods, such as amorphous whisker, amorphous coil etc but the ones which were simply amorphous were the most expensive as they had 24 strand opposed to 12 strand.

I've had the 11ft accy carp waggler and still have the 12 foot version, both of these rods would work perfectly well and would be good for larger stuff also, to be honest most rods would.
I've never had or used the 11ft accy ultra but I know a man who has, mr Vines.
I would imagine that rod would be perfect for your requirements. If it's not long enough then there's the 13ft ultra.
Personally i'd just go with the 13ft plus.

Last edited:

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Funnily enough I have a 13 plus compact up for sale on the bay right now. Seems just a tad over gunned for small silvers, maybe I should seek a swap for an ultra.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Funnily enough I have a 13 plus compact up for sale on the bay right now. Seems just a tad over gunned for small silvers, maybe I should seek a swap for an ultra.

Might be a plan!

If you hang fire Chris might be able to give you a comparison opinion of the 11ft ultra and 13ft ultra.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
The Amorphous Tournament Match is one of the best stick float rods from its era which was the 90s and still a great rod. I've got the cheaper version which was £165 in 1992 as opposed to about £270 for the one mentioned.

sam vimes

Reaction score
If you hang fire Chris might be able to give you a comparison opinion of the 11ft ultra and 13ft ultra.

As far as I'm concerned they are largely indistinguishable other than the length. When it comes to action and power, you'd struggle to split them. You can add the 15' Ultra to that mix too. I don't have one, but I assume that the 14' Ultra would be little different. The only Acolyte that I consider a big departure from the rest is the 17'er. The action of that one is quite different to the shorter Acolytes in either Plus or Ultra format. However, I can't include the 11 or 12' Carp Waggler in my thinking as I've never used either.

sam vimes

Reaction score
The Amorphous Tournament Match is one of the best stick float rods from its era which was the 90s and still a great rod. I've got the cheaper version which was £165 in 1992 as opposed to about £270 for the one mentioned.

These are the rods I believe that the OP is talking about. However, I also suspect that the full codes should be ATM 132W (13'2" Waggler) and ATM 132S (13'2" Stick)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is the version the seller claims it is

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I think your better sticking to what you have already, imo it's a much better rod. Those older daiwa rods will feel sloppy to you after using the accy rod.