pineapple

cormorant

Reaction score
can anyone reccomend a pineapple flavour to add to a paste mix i dont want to pay over the top,ta.

F

Frothey

Richworth Hawaiin Pineaplle is what I use.

As an aside, if there was one that was £2 more but a reallyeffective flavour, would you not buy it? If you were sat on a lake, not catching and someone said "give me £2 and you'll catch a carp" you'd probably pay it wouldn't you?

cormorant

Reaction score
no im a tight git, no seriously you see some going for £3 on ebay up to £10 for the same sized bottle elsewhere, just because something has got a big name attached to it doesnt always mean that its anygood, sometime there is a bargain out there i just wondered if anybody knew of one!,ta./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Carpless

Reaction score
then why ask for reccomendations? just go and buy whatever you can find for the cheapest?

F

Frothey

check the concentrations - often the cheaper ones are watered down

make them unflavored and glug in pineapple syrup from a can of tinned pineapple- lots of bromelaine in there.... /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

peter mayall

Reaction score
as frothey says, use tinned pineapple juice. to increase the flavour reduce it by slow boiling. if you dont feel confident in doing that ask your misses to do it. then add it to your bait mix, it will work better,as it is a natural flavour and will not dissapate as much when you boil your baits. theres a sids benifit to doing this, you can eat the pineapple left behind.

cormorant

Reaction score
thanks all, been given the nod by pm on some top notch stuff, half the price of branded names.

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
then how about a PM to ole Tom Sawyer with it cormy ?

I tried ebay stuff, very good smell but I wanted to use it in my pellet pump, but to my dismay its oil based so just floated on top, not what I want, I find carton juice just as good---

R

Roto Fryer

around 20 quid a litre from

RD Campbell & Co Ltd

Unit 14
Mill Farm Business Park
Millfield Rd
Hounslow
TW4 5PY
United Kingdom TEL : +44 (0) 20 88986611
FAX : +44 (0) 20 88986622

or look here, they have Roto's seal of approval.

They used to supply Richworth, however, I have no idea if they still do.

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
Cheers Roto,

Full litre may be too much for my needs ,and thats expensive,but may be able to split it with mate, will have a good look at it anyway-------- /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

J

Jack Pike BA

Would reducing a fruit squash or cordial over a slow heat work or would it become too acidy?

peter mayall

Reaction score
reducing squash and cordial, would give you a thicker base to try, weather it becomes more acid idont know, the best thing to do is try a small amount and use your judgment as to weather you want to put it in a mix and risk it.

iv messed about in the past with other fruits and flavours,some have been good some just fit for the birds in the garden. but you have to play dont you.

best of luck,pete.

C

Cakey

ha ha ha ....I read the title as pineapple flavour commorant

peter mayall

Reaction score
true frothey, but how acidic in a particular water, this is where we need the bio-chemists, or the boffins from the bait companys to come accross with more info into the composition of a good food source bait.

I realy dont think that, that will happen so we mere mortals will have to continue,trying new things for ourselves, useing all the information at our disposal, and keeping fish safety in mind.

F

Frothey

pH is more to do with attraction than sorting the bait as a food source..... unless you choose your pH "adjuster" carefully.

try dipping a bait in vineager..... just got to figure out malt, white or cider......

peter mayall

Reaction score
very true,frothey.

but without adding to any confusion, to some, we have to take the water we fish into the equation, on the lake i fish ,there are two supplies of water, a spring at one end and a mains supply half way along one bank,two years ago we took water samples for the ea prior to work we wanted todo, from 8 spots around the lake the ph was different but only just, from each of the spots. from reading about matching bait to water ph it left even the guy from the ea just a little puzzeld, sure you make a bait very close to neutral or try to ,match the lakes ph.

but as you said before does it make any differance to the fish, yes to some no to others.

as GM wrote in his article, who knows what the fish really think , and if sombody does can they please let us in on the secret.