Flextec fly rods

Len

Reaction score
I have only started fly fishing six months ago and currently use a Spring Creek and Flextec rod with some success. However I am unable to find any tackle reviews on tese rods. I have found them easy to use but would like to have the opinions of more experienced fly fishers who haveknowledge of them

Thanks toanyone who can help me as my son is also taking up this branch of the sport

Len

Reaction score
Thanks for that Andy will look there now

Cheers

Len

oluf kokborg

Reaction score
Hi Len,

I have used various Flextec rods over a period of time and find them extremely good. I have a 9 foot 6/7 weight plus a 9 foot 5/6 weight and they are a pleasure to use. They are easy maintained and the whippings are good quality. I would recommend these rods to anyone.Hope that helps you.

Oluf.

Len

Reaction score
Thanks for that oluf am finding the 0ft 7/8 a pleasure to use also but am having a little difficulty with the 11ft but this is purely down to my lack of experience

Regards

len

R

Richard Drayson

I bought a Flextec XRD 44 #7/8 rodfrom tackle discounts on fleabay and for the price I paid, good value for money. It's very light and casts well but I can't say I like the quality of the line guides. Two of the guides on one rod sectionwere damaged and tackle discounts sent me another rod section.

I'll be re-ringing the complete rod with fuji or seymo guides soon. Can't afford to have expensive fly lines shredded by poor quality guides.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Poor guides and in many cases not enough of them are one of the tell-tale signs of cost cutting on low cost fly rods. Personally I like good quality snake guides.

R

Richard Drayson

Not too keen on snake guides Ron. I'll be re-ringing my rod with single leg fuji or seymo guides. Just a matter of deciding which sizes to use.