Ron Thomson

R

Royffey

hi all a couple of us were chattin last weekend about fishing gear and brands and came up with the question, Who Is Ron Thomson?

i mean if you go into a shop and see a terry hearn chair or a set of rods with dave lane on them, you know who they are but who the f**K is ron thomson, its gotta be the biggest load of shit,( after badger),that beginners get conned in2 buying when they 1st start carp fishin.

any one know hu this is?

Morespiders

Reaction score
Ron Thompson is a Chinaman, from China, and yes some of his stuff as you said is shite, but also in fairness some is pretty good, I have a B52 light feeder rod of his £27 brilliant rod, I love it, Im a compulsive rod buyer, and I picked that rod up and thought Blinkin Heck, I cannot rate it highly enough.

davestocker

Reaction score
He's a brand and an invented figure. Someone will have tested a range of names to see what would sound right/trustworthy/credible to a typical angler and the one wot won was Ron T.

alan

Reaction score
the tackle is not utter sh*t.

i own 2 12ft beach casters, 112ft spinning rod, 3 boat rods, as well as a few other bits. the roads are now about 7 years old, and other then a ring that was replaced when i dropped them there is nothing wrong with them.

i have no problems owning them, i will buy more, and i will recomend the tackle to others.

had 2 badger bait runners now for 4 years, a mate has another 2. been abused, used on boats as well as for carp. still work, still quiet, and as smooth as the day i got them.

cheap tackle is not allways nasty.

W

Wolfman Woody

<blockquote class=quoteheader>NIGE K wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>he is just a name not a real person.</blockquote>

You'll be saying the same about Santa Claus in a bit!

/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Somewhere in the deep, dark, recesses of what's left of my mind, I seem to recall that Ron Thompson was a 'Casting' competition record holder ???.

Emmo (Angling Trust)

Reaction score
I also own some Ron T stuff and agree with what has already been said, its not all cheap nasty gear.

When some thieving low-life scum suckingtoe rag nicked all my gear I had to get budget price stuff to get me started again, insurance companies being what they are! I purchased some RT uptide rods with a view to changing later for better ones, I still use them and will be doing tomorrow, weather permitting, on an uptiding boat trip from Southwold.

Deanos

Reaction score
I was chatting last week to a few of my mates about turnip wine and donkey pies, and the name came up...GORDON WHOPPIT!

Who is Gordon Whoppit?

The benefits office in Pontefract would especially like to know after he registered as being disabled in the Gt War, but was actually born in 1958, also claiming he was unable to use his legs after too many years of the World famous "exotic" ferret dance in the working mens club circuitof South Yorkshire with Bob Roberts on the Hammond organ.

Gordon Whoppit...WHO ARE YOU?